After you remove the emm app does the device still show up in the helpdesk? Are you still ablel to wipe it? partial or full? Are you still able to uninstall it?
I have also notices some situations where non-compiant devices are still able to access email but I have yet to isolate it.
Thanks for your reply. After I removed the EMM app in iPhone, iPad. The device still show up in the EMM console helpdesk. Of course I still able to wipe it, even partial or full wipe, uninstall MDM profile without problem. But I was wondering why the mobile device without EMM agent app, EMM server still classify it as compliant device.
On the other hand, in 10.0.0 GA (build 39848), I tried to test it with the same procedure (uninstall EMM agent > wait for next compliance check) and the mobile device will not able to receive email until I reinstall EMM agent. I think it is a bug if non-compliant device have privilege to receive active-sync email and pass through security checking in EMM proxy server.
Actually I asked our local McAfee presales engineer to look after this issue. At last, this is the device compliance definition of EMM 10.0 product guide, I believe it will apply to future version of EMM.
Device compliance is determined based on the following predefined parameters.
A device is considered compliant if the following is true:
- The device has the current version of the McAfee EMM software installed.
- The device has the current security policy installed.
- The iOS device has the correct device certificate that was issued during provisioning.
A device is considered noncompliant if one or more of the following is true:
- The device does not contain the McAfee EMM software. <<My situation
- The security policy has been updated and the device does not yet have the new policy.
- The device has not checked in since the software or security policy was last updated.
- The device has been hard-reset because of a company policy, and the device no longer contains the McAfee EMM software.
- The device has been jailbroken (iOS) or rooted (Android).
Does anyone experience the same issue? Thanks !
1 of 1 people found this helpful
I'll test now and get back to you. I'm on 10.0.
My compliance expires tomorrow morning so I'll report back tomorrow.
So I can confirm that I have had the emm app deleted from my iphone for 3 days now and passed three compliance checks, am still labaled as compliant and can still access email... This is strange.
Thanks Mat. That's the problem I experienced as well. Really strange, isn't it?