2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2012 8:44 AM by Regis

WEBEX / GOTOMEETING

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone experienced VSE 8.8 blocking the installation of WEBEX or GOTOMEETING sessions?  If you do, how do you unblock this remote sessions without having to disable McAfee?

Thanks

Alfred

• 1. Re: WEBEX / GOTOMEETING

In my experience, GoToMeeting (and I think WebEx also) creates and runs files in the user's Temp folder.  Running files in the Temp folder is blocked by the Access Protection rules "Common Standard Protection / Prevent common programs from running files in the Temp folder" and/or "Anti-Spyware Maximum Protection / Prevent all programs from running files in the temp folder".  You could either set these rules to just Report instead of Block, or you could look at the access protection log to find the specific programs that are trying to run something in the Temp folder and exclude them from these rules.  Either option increases your risk, especially if it is a windows component like "rundll" that is executing the files in the Temp folder.

• 2. Re: WEBEX / GOTOMEETING
            Regis

I use webex quite frequently, but am not yet on 8.8.

As mentioned, the wonderful-but-sometimes-interfering "Common Standard Protection / Prevent common programs from running files in the Temp folder" and/or "Anti-Spyware Maximum Protection / Prevent all programs from running files in the temp folder" are often to blame here.

The workaround I've always used is to use the option webex gives you to download and save the installer to some other place rather than trying to run it by default (which uses a temp directory).