0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2012 11:31 AM by G M

Endpoint Encryption Manager/EEPC Upgrade 5.1.7 to 5.2.11

Hi,

We are shortly upgrading our Safeboot server from 5.1.7 to 5.2.11. I have run through a test upgrade on a VM Ware snapshot of our server and it appears to work ok. However i just have a few questions that i was hoping someone could answer

When running through Endpoint Encryption Manager and EEPC upgrade setup files we are unsure which orignal components were installed (it was setup by a contractor). Is it just a case of looking at the Endpoint Encryption File Groups section in the system tab? It appears that even if other components are installed they will only be applied when ticked in a group?

In addition we have a number of technicans which have Endpoint Encryption Manager 5.1.7 installed on their machines which connects to the safeboot server. As we may not be able to upgrade all the Managers until the day after the upgrade is carried out, will the old version still connect to the server ok or will this cause problems until we can upgrade their manager to 5.2.11 too?

Also we push out the EEPC package from EPO. If we check in the 5.2.11 package, will it try and over write the existing installs of 5.1.7? In my testing it doesn't appear to but would like confirmation.

Hope i have been clear in my questions.

Many thanks in advance, any help is much appreciated.