7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2012 6:42 AM by exbrit

McAfee Threat Predictions 2012 webpage

sol

I am trying to access this blog page and IE is having an issue with this blog page. the page locks up immediatey. I have updated from IE 8 to IE 9 and the same thing. Smart Screen filter is off, compatibility mode is on.

This is the page I am locking up on... is anyone else having issues with the scripting on this page or is it just my lucky day again?   http://blogs.mcafee.com/consumer/2012-mcafee-threat-predictions-consumers

• 1. Re: McAfee Threat Predictions 2012 webpage
          Hayton

I accessed the page with Chrome. It took a while to load - longer than usual - and I recall I've had problems getting to the Blogs section before : something about not having Access Rights,  or permission. Perhaps access is restricted to certain parts of it?

But this is the page, just so you can see the site is working :

2012 McAfee Threat Predictions- A look at the latest threats that could affect consumers this coming year - Blog Central.png

• 2. Re: McAfee Threat Predictions 2012 webpage
            sol

Thank you... I do get to this page and I get there quite fast but the page won't allow me to interact with it. I can't even scroll... about 5 seconds after the page is open I get an error message from IE saying internet Explore has stopped working and some reference to a script.

I click away the error message, the page reloads sand  it becomes a continuous loop of refresh and error message. I am wondering if there isn't something with the side panels where the blogs re located. possibly that box is scripted and causing some issues for people.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: iexplore.exe

Application Version: 9.0.8112.16421

Application Timestamp: 4d76255d

Fault Module Name: StackHash_0f85

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Offset: 7a015f8d

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0f85

Additional Information 2: 0f851fac148c11f4e8c42f4f736e1905

Additional Information 3: a3c0

Additional Information 4: a3c08320a3135601fc9c7aadbc7c9ea4

Read our privacy statement online:

Message was edited by: sol on 3/13/12 1:57:04 PM CDT
            • 3. Re: McAfee Threat Predictions 2012 webpage
              Hayton

Javascript? Yes, loads. In IE you can view the webpage source code, I believe. You certainly can in Chrome. Have a look, you'll see what I mean. Mostly concentrated in the first 10% and the last third of the code. Lots and lots of Javascript, including tests for the IE version - perhaps one of those tests is giving a wrong result. Like this, for instance, which I think (it comes after tests for IE 6, 7 and 8) ought to be for IE9 :

<!--[if lt IE 9]>

<script src="http://ie7-js.googlecode.com/svn/version/2.1(beta4)/IE9.js"></script>

<![endif]-->

I haven't a clue what most of the error stuff you posted means. Sorry. It looks IE-specific.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 13/03/12 19:32:08 GMT
              1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: McAfee Threat Predictions 2012 webpage
                sol

For whatever reason, the problem no longer exists. I am not sure if it just a new day and fresh start up or if someone addressed the issue. All is good

• 5. Re: McAfee Threat Predictions 2012 webpage
                  exbrit

It may be just a coincidence but yesterday was 'Update Tuesday' for Microsoft and one of the updates maybe updated browser security, just a thought.   IE is fighting to retain its 'safe browser' status so tends to be rather picky with certain websites I've noticed.

• 6. Re: McAfee Threat Predictions 2012 webpage
                    sol

That is a thought. I had no problems at home on my personal computer last night. I like problems that resolve themselves.

• 7. Re: McAfee Threat Predictions 2012 webpage
                      exbrit

Me too, it rarely happens unfortunately.