4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2012 5:31 PM by Ex_Brit RSS

Installation of McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012 failed due to JavaScript in Windows 7 Ultimate

I was using McAfee Antivirus Plus 2011 initially and the subscription has expired. So i bought the latest McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012 and tried to install in my PC which has Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit OS and active Internet Connection.

The installation went well upto certain extent and it also had created the mcagent.exe tray notification which i could see. But finally it failed giving me a reason i didn't understand.

I had also uninstalled the existing 2011 pack and then tried installing 2012 but all the time it gives me a error saying that.

"We are unable to start the installation of McAfee as JavaScript may not have been installed in your PC or it's not working Properly".

I've checked the JavaScript feature using internet explorer and it is enabled and working fine.

Note: Tried restarting the system many times; Cleared the temp files in the temp folder; i'm able to see mcagent.exe in my tray notifications.

I also have a doubht that virus had affected the system as i uninstalled the existing antivirus program and accessed internet from the web.

Kindly help me how to proceed with the installation...