This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
Please follow the below steps and keep us posted on the status ;
Re-register the Script files:
- Check if your PC has the latest version of Java files, if not please visit http://www.java.com to install the latest java files
2. Open CMD (Start->Run->CMD) If you are using Vista/Windows 7 type CMD in search bar and, right click on CMD from the search results and select Run as Administrator.
Type regsvr32 jscript.dll press enter button.
Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll press enter button.
Note: there is a space b/w regsvr32 and jscript and vbscript.
3. Try running the McAfee Pre-install tool from the below link.
4. Try to install McAfee by saving the DMSetup on the desktop.
Solution 2 :-
- If you are using Internet explorer 9, please uninstall IE 9 [Automatically reverts to IE 8] and try installing McAfee programs .
- Steps to uninstall Internet explorer 9
[The following instructions apply to both Windows 7 and Windows Vista.]
- Click the Start button , type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.
- Under uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.
- Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.
- Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 9 and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).
- Reinstall McAfee applications