Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
781 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 9, 2012 9:30 AM by JaiPrakash RSS
mkdobbins Newcomer 1 posts since
Mar 9, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 9, 2012 6:55 AM

Email Subject Line with Win7 User Account Name

Has anybody gotten emails that the subject line starts with the Win7 user account name?

My home PC is setup for my kids to use and the user account name starts with a number and then their name.  Yesterday I received two emails that the subject line started with the Win7 user account name.  And both emails are not in English, only the account name.  Neither account has been used in the past few days, but my email is always used for anything they sign up for on the internet.

Email_UserAccount_Name.png

Is this a PC virus?

Thanks,

• JaiPrakash Champion 457 posts since
    Nov 5, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Mar 9, 2012 9:30 AM (in response to mkdobbins)
    Re: Email Subject Line with Win7 User Account Name

Well, if the kids use email addresses to register in Unknown online websites , there is a possibility on being spammed !!! McAfee Anti-Spam determines the status of spam messages using a database of known spam emails, so that Anti-Spam is able to sort emails with an average success rate of 95%.

So; , ,  have you configured McAfee Antispam on your PC? If so what is the label of these mails - "SPAM "?

What version of McAfee Antispam do you use ? [Open McAfee Click on About]

Are these mails deleivered to your inbox or McAfee Antispam folder ?

These might not be cosidered virus , rather spam . . . Thread moved from Home network defense section to Antispam section

Thanks,

Thanks,
    Jai Prakash

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points