6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2012 8:56 AM by tonyb99

Sporadic Connection Error on Android/Cannot Contact Server on iOS

Hi,

I am currently running a recent EMM 10.0 in a Dual Server implementation. A few times a day, users will receive a connection error ("Mailboxname connection error" on Android and "Cannot Contact Server" on iOS). I double checked the web.config files and all is as it should be. Also the errors I am seeing are:

EMMPushNotifier.PushNotifier

SendPushNotifications for DeviceID: Appl*********** - APNI ID of ***************** failedSystem.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

at System.Net.Security._SslStream.StartWriting(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.Net.Security._SslStream.ProcessWrite(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.Net.Security.SslStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at EMMPushNotifier.PushNotifier.WriteToPushStream(Byte[] buffer, String deviceId, String APNI)

and

EMMPushNotifier.PushNotifier

Unexpected exception getting notifications from hubSystem.TimeoutException: The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:01:00. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout. ---> System.TimeoutException: The HTTP request to 'https://emmhubserver.mycompany.com/EMMHub/PushNotifierGateway.svc' has exceeded the allotted timeout of 00:01:00. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout. ---> System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelR equest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelUtilities.ProcessGetResponseWebExceptio n(WebException webException, HttpWebRequest request, HttpAbortReason abortReason)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelR equest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)

Server stack trace:

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessa ge methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at EMMPushNotifier.PushNotifierGateway.IPushNotifierGateway.GetAllPushNotification s()

at EMMPushNotifier.PushNotifierGateway.PushNotifierGatewayClient.GetAllPushNotific ations()

at EMMPushNotifier.PushNotifier.WorkerThread()

The strange thing is that after the connectin error on either device, you can hit refresh and it syncs mail without any issue. As a test, I bypassed the proxy and pointed my device directly to our EAS and did not receive an error. So this at least narrows the issue down to the EMM Proxy server, but I'm running out of places to look. Does anyone out there have any suggestions or have come across this issue?

Message was edited by: asofo on 3/2/12 10:32:52 AM CST

Message was edited by: asofo on 3/2/12 10:33:14 AM CST

on 3/2/12 1:25:59 PM CST