1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 12, 2012 2:14 PM by cgrim

Searching DB for Tickets with Comments

Has anyone figured a way to search for all tickets with comments?  Let's say I have a common type of ticket that comes up, ie it will error out when doing a verify, so a bunch of tickets will be moved into another queue with the identical comment of "Errors out when doing a verify".  What I want to do is now search the db and find all tickets with this comment.  Now that I have this list, I want them all to be pulled out of multiple queues and dropped into another queue labeled errors.

Is this something I would need to do from the  FSDBUtil, or do I need to do it from a SQL query of the db?  Keeping in mind this is a production db, I have to tread lightly.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• 1. Re: Searching DB for Tickets with Comments

Hi mattjsr,

This functionality doesn't exist.  It would make a good Product Enhancement Request:

Go to:

https://community.mcafee.com/groups/mvm-news

click on the Submit Feature Request button

Otherwise you would have to query the DB:

here's a start (as always backup your DB before runing anyting against it):

============================

select t.TicketID, t.FaultlineID, v.name, v.recommendation, t.status, t.created as TicketCreateDate, t.comments

from Tickets T

INNER JOIN content.vuln v on t.faultlineID = v.faultlineID

Where Comments LIKE '%<your string>%'

============================

replace <your string> with whatever your're searching for... remove the <>.

If you need further assistance with the query, please open a Service Request.

Thanks!
          Cathy

1 of 1 people found this helpful