9 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2012 12:47 AM by orionweb

to buy Snapgear

martin.dimov

Does anyone knows from where could I find a Snapgear device. I am interested on SG580, SG 710/720 or SG565

Thanks

• 1. Re: to buy Snapgear
          PhilM

Martin,

Unless you can find a reseller who still has stock, I don't think you are going to be able to get one.

McAfee officially announced the End Of Life for the SnapGear (UTM) Firewall products some time ago. The "End of Sale" date for the current range was back in 2010 and support officially stops in a little over 1 year.

Here is the table from KB article 68423

Capture3.JPG

-Phil.

• 2. Re: to buy Snapgear
            dbull

SnapGear is still sold by McAfee on a 'while supplies last' type of scenario - but as Phil states, please be aware of the length of support available, etc..  I just glanced at an older inventory sheet I have and of the three models you were looking at, there were a few left, but I'm not sure as of right now.  They do pop up on ebay occasionally and esecuritytogo.com has done well historically hooking up their customers.  Just searching their site for snapgear right now seems to imply they have some inventory on hand.  

Dave

• 3. Re: to buy Snapgear
              martin.dimov

Dave,

do You know if anywhere in McAfee Europe warehouses exists Snapgears. I would like to buy. Support does not matter.

We are McAfee disti in Bulgaria.

Thanks

• 4. Re: to buy Snapgear
                dbull

Hey Martin, I'm sorry, I don't have insight into regional stock status.  There isn't anything stopping your normal channels from buying what you need though - assuming McAfee has it in stock of course...  So if you go through your normal channels and they say they don't have any or can't get it, they should be able to push a request up to McAfee for availability.  I'll put a request in internally to see if I can get an updated inventory status.  But even if I have the unit, the power supply (or more specifically the right cord) may be the hard part on our end.  Of course you can always buy any cord/PSU to match our specs to use on the unit...  Not a great answer I know...sorry.

Dave

• 5. Re: to buy Snapgear
                  martin.dimov

The important part is the unit itself, if You find some of them in EU it will be great. Internal channel says that if it is not in the pricelist - it is not available any more.

• 6. Re: to buy Snapgear
                    dbull

Hi Martin,

Heard back from our inventory management team - we are completely out of all SnapGear inventory to sell.  Sorry, I'm not able to help much help here.

Regards,

Dave

• 7. Re: to buy Snapgear
                      martin.dimov

Thanks for help Dave.

• 8. Re: to buy Snapgear

Hi Martin,

i have two used units here. in good condition.

sg565 64MB ram and sg580 64MB ram. if you are interested in buying them please PM me.

_martin franke

• 9. Re: to buy Snapgear

I have a whole lot of 530 / 560 & 580 to offload as we have moved on to other device and no longer need them. If anyone is interested please conatct me.