Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
869 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2012 11:38 AM by daloy RSS
klara Newcomer 45 posts since
Jul 23, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 1, 2012 1:59 PM

How to deleted the tmp-iv-alert?

Hi i noticed the table tmp_iv_alert is too big for me, and when i do purgue or tuning the size is the same, how can i do to deleted or reduce the size to this table?

This table was created automatically after an upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1

Thanks a lot for your support

Attachments:
  • daloy McAfee Employee 56 posts since
    Sep 17, 2010
    1. Mar 21, 2012 2:11 AM (in response to klara)
    Re: How to deleted the tmp-iv-alert?

Hi Klara,

you have tmp tables on your database because during the manager upgrade there were more than 1 million alerts.

In this case, additional scripts need to be run after the upgrade. This is explained on the NSP Upgrade 6.0 guide.

Here is the relevant information from the guide:

Running additional scripts

When you install the 6.0 Manager, if there are 1 million or more, alerts or host events, in your current Manager setup, you will be prompted to run two SQL scripts as described below.

Caution: Run alertproc_offline_1.sql and alertproc_offline_2.sql only if prompted to do so. The system prompts you only when there are 1 million or more, alerts or host events, in the Manager database. If you run these scripts when not prompted, you will receive SQL errors. In this case, contact McAfee Technical Support with the details of the message.

Tip: Ensure that you run the sql scripts soon after the Manager upgrade is complete. McAfee recommends that you select a relatively idle time to run the scripts to minimize the impact on performance.

1 After a successful upgrade of the Manager to 6.0, check that it is up, Sensors are connected, and alerts are generated.

2 Log in to MySQL by running:
    \mysql\bin\mysql -u usr -ppwd -D db_name

3 In the MySQL shell, run:
    mysql>source <manager install directory>/db/mysql/migrate/alertproc_offline_1.sql

If an SQL error message is displayed, stop proceeding further and contact McAfee Technical Support with the details of the message.

4 Shut down the Manager.

5 In the MySQL shell, run:
    mysql>source <manager install directory>/db/mysql/migrate/alertproc_offline_2.sql

If an SQL error message is displayed, stop proceeding further and contact McAfee Technical Support with the details of the message.

Warning: Utilities like db backup/restore/archival/purge cannot be run on your database before completing step 5. This is because your Manager database will still be in transition at this stage of the upgrade.

6 Start the Manager.

Only after running the alertproc_offline_2.sql script, the Manager database upgrade is complete.

• daloy McAfee Employee 56 posts since
    Sep 17, 2010
    3. Mar 21, 2012 11:38 AM (in response to klara)
    Re: How to deleted the tmp-iv-alert?

Hi Klara,

I would still run the scripts. It should not take long as the tmp table is only 9 GB.

Once the scripts are complete, you can schedule some maintenance tasks or purge on the db to lower the amount of data it holds.

Regards,

David

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points