1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 1, 2012 2:49 PM by fdelacuadra

How to deliver a pre-configured ods.cfg file

Hi, I have a need to deliver a pre-configured ods.cfg file for use by VSE 1.6 for Linux but cannot seem to get my system to recognize the modifications I've made to that file. 

I have a new ods.cfg file configured as I intend for my system.  I see the existing ods.cfg file that is installed at /var/opt/NAI/LinuxShield/etc and have a script that replaces it on installation.

However, that doesn't seem to be getting picked up.  (For instance, my only exclusion is /proc.)

What else do I need to do for my new ods.cfg file to get picked up by VSE?  I've tried a /etc/init.d/nails reload, restart, stop/start, all to no avail.

Thanks

F

Message was edited by: fdelacuadra to further clarify the question and correct directory names. on 3/1/12 10:37:14 AM CST
        • 1. Re: How to deliver a pre-configured ods.cfg file

Okay, the answer turned out to be simple: Indeed the ods.cfg file in the /var/opt/NAI/LinuxShield/etc directory was the correct location. 

The issue was that we had both an nailsd.profile.ODS.filter.N.X and  nailsd.profile.ODS_1.filter.N.X entries.  I had added my exclusions to the ODS_1.filter entries, but that was not what the Web Interface would display when it was started.  I added my entries to the ODS.filter properties and all was resolved.

I still don't understand what the ODS_1 is. Is it another profile?  Why can't I see it from my Web interface?  Is it in error to have it there?