1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 27, 2012 9:04 AM by exbrit

McAfee compatibility with a free cloud database service

Hi everyone, I have a question: I'm a prospective McAfee user (that is, I don't use it yet but I'm cosidering doing so), and I have a small home-based business. As part of my business, I rely heavily on a cloud database service called Xeround (http://xeround.com/mysql-cloud-db-free-registration). At the same time (and again, this is a business necessity), I need a reputable, reliable security software, which is why I'm considering McAfee. My quesion is, can I be sure that McAfee will not cause any failure to either download or upload information from this (or any other, for that matter) cloud service. The flow of informaiton must remain free of obstruction - and yet, be secured. Can McAfee offer a solution?

Thanks

Valerie Sullivan

on 2/27/12 7:23:15 AM CST
        • 1. Re: McAfee compatibility with a free cloud database service
          exbrit

It shouldn't be a problem as long as you grant firewall and any other permissions when prompted by the software.   The consumer/home software is not compatible with server systems however, just in case you are using that.

Technical Support is always available if you need advice or help,  Free via phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 27/02/12 10:04:59 EST AM