1 2 Previous Next 13 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2014 8:49 AM by klara

Locked out of GUI

iain.gardiner

I unticked the 'Allow a GUI server to attach to this node' and now can't load the web GUI.

I have SSH enabled so what do I need to update to reverse my actions.

Thx

Sample errors:

Issue while trying to connect to McAfee Web Gateway server.
      Please restart MWG (/etc/init.d/mwg restart) and reload applet.

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
      at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:327)
      at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java: 193)
      at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:180)
      at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:384)
      at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:546)
      at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:495)
      at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:392)
      at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:206)
      at com.scur.k.server.ww.adapter.AbstractAdapter.send(AbstractAdapter.java:130)
      at com.scur.k.server.ww.WwCommunicationManager.getOwnUUID(WwCommunicationManager.j ava:95)
      at com.scur.k.server.Konfigurator.<init>(Konfigurator.java:189)
      at com.scur.k.server.InitialisationManager.initKonfigurator(InitialisationManager. java:34)
      at com.scur.k.server.InitialisationManager.access$000(InitialisationManager.java:5 )
      at com.scur.k.server.InitialisationManager$1.run(InitialisationManager.java:26)
      2012-02-27 10:47:50,968 [FATAL] Could not start Konfigurator:
      java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
      at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java: 193)
      at com.scur.k.server.ww.WwCommunicationManager.getOwnUUID(WwCommunicationManager.j ava:95)
      at com.scur.k.server.InitialisationManager.initKonfigurator(InitialisationManager. java:34)
      at com.scur.k.server.InitialisationManager.access$000(InitialisationManager.java:5 )
      2012-02-27 10:56:15,659 [ERROR] attaching to the Coordinator failed
      2012-02-27 10:56:15,698 [FATAL] Could not start Konfigurator:
      2012-02-27 11:05:10,387 [ERROR] attaching to the Coordinator failed
      2012-02-27 11:05:10,389 [FATAL] Could not start Konfigurator:

• 1. Re: Locked out of GUI
          asabban

Hi Iain,

thats a bit tricky, but I have instructions for it. I will send you a PM.

Best,

Andre

• 2. Re: Locked out of GUI
            smalldog

Hi I have the same errors, could you send me instrusions? Thanks!

• 3. Re: Locked out of GUI
              iain.gardiner

Hi, i've sent you a PM.

Cheers

• 4. Re: Locked out of GUI
                smalldog

Thanks! But i haven't got Central Management. and is this instrusions still effective?

• 5. Re: Locked out of GUI
                  iain.gardiner

I guess depends how you managed to lock it out. This solution is when you have deselected the check box under central management called 'allow a gui server to attach to this node'. If that's not what's happened then best calling support or raising your own discussion.

Cheers

• 6. Re: Locked out of GUI
                    smalldog

Ok thanks for your support!

Cheers

• 7. Re: Locked out of GUI
                      shridhar.kulkarni

Even I need the PM. Can you please send me  ?

Regards,

Shridhar

• 8. Re: Locked out of GUI

Even I need the PM. Thank you very much.

• 9. Re: Locked out of GUI
                          iain.gardiner

Here's the instruction, I take no responsibility if it doesn't work or makes things worse. However it worked for me.

Enable GUI again after locked due to Cluster setup
                          If you setup a Central Management it may happen that you find yourself locked out and unable to access any GUI on either of the nodes part of the CM. This happens because attaching the GUI to the Coordinator gets disabled. You can enable if again following these steps.

You need to have enabled SSH or alternatively you will need to plug a laptop directly into webgateway

1. Log on to box with root and password
                          2. run

dmidecode | grep UUIDto get the UUID of this device

3. stop MWG completely:

/etc/init.d/mwg stop

4. Change into the most recent configuration:

cd `cat /opt/mwg/storage/active_configuration`(If that does not work look into /opt/mwg/storage/active_configuration to get the path to the active configuration. Change into that folder).(Note: the command "current" should do the trick for you in newer MWG versions)- cd into the folder holding the appliance specific configuration:

cd globalcd <UUID> (replace <UUID> with the UUID you have looked up in the first step)cd cfg

5. Edit the configuration:

vi com.scur.engine.cmclusternode.configuration.xmlSearch for "enableGUI". You will find that setting set to "false". Set it to "true". Save the changes.- Now run

/opt/mwg/bin/mwg-coordinator -F "file:IN=`cat /opt/mwg/storage/active_configuration`"

6. Check the /opt/mwg/log/mwg-errors/mwg-coordinator.errors.log logfile. It should tell you

OK - enforced as folder '/opt/mwg/storage/default/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'.

7. Start MWG again:

/etc/init.d/mwg start

8. Try to access the GUI again.

1 2 Previous Next