Follow the below steps
1.Run disk clean
- For XP
- Click Start, and then click Run. In the Open box, type cleanmgr, and then click OK.
- To perform check disk
- Click Start, and then click Run. In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK.
- In command prompt type chkdsk c: /r
- Assuming c:\ drive is local disk volume on your computer.
- If you get a mesage just pres Y and hit enter and restart the computer.
3.Run Disk Defragmentation on your computer.
- Open My Computer.
- Right-click the local disk volume(c:\) that you want to defragment, and then click properties
- On the tools tab click Defragment now
- Click defragment
After completing the above steps you may work o nthe computer and please let us know if you still have issues.
Thanks and regards,
Krishna Nandan Singh
As I said in your other post re this this is an XP only issue so defrag etc should not be the cause.
1 netguard can cause this
2. installing alcohol 120% can (fix available) Also uninstalling this program not by the included uninstall program can leave the issue happening.Any program or shortcut with a % sign in it can cause the issue.
3.Do you have adobe air or tweak ui installed. These are 2 common programs with 3 posters with this issue. Not saying they are the cause but noting this .
Open Mcafee security centre and go to web and email protection. open firewall and you will see netguard. Disable it and see if this helps. it is a tempory fix till netguard fix comes. this not happening to every1. My XP install is very stable.
Alcohol 120% is a burning software more commom than I realised. Having it installed will cause mcsvhost error popups so it was found out. I confirmed this by installing it on the previously stable XP test Pc I use. The issue was caused by the % symbols in the shortciuts and start menu items.
So after cleaning did it stop the errors
Yes there is a FAQ I will get for you easy to fix .Just rename all shortcuts with % in them and start menu folders and shortcuts. Easy to do I tested it myself
Mate if he (klauzser has alcohol 120% he will have this error caused by the % sign in links and shortcuts. Once he fixes that maybe netguard issue comes into play but usually 1 issue only is the cause. Why we are seeing so many different causes and 1 unknown cause and others like my test box is stable I do not know but am trying to dig into this. I will bash the techs re this tomorrow in our call.