1 2 Previous Next 14 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2012 10:48 AM by AlienwareAR RSS

Reinstall McAfee Total Protection 2011 Javascript Error

AlienwareAR

Hello everybody.

I had to uninstall McAfee Total Protection beacause it had lost some functionalities, such as Net Guard. That is, when I tried to found the path of the set up of Net Guard, also describe in the guide, I could not see the menu item.

I've an Alienware M17x R2 with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

To uninstall McAfee I followed the guide:

1. Uninstall from Control Panel, then restart system.

2. Lunch the McAfee Removal Tool, then restart system.

Now, I've to reinstall the software, but I can't because of the javascript error. To fix it I've tried virtually all...

1. Open cmd as Administrator and then write the following command:

regsvr32 jscript.dll , enter

regsvr32 vbscript.dll , enter

Both of them reply in a positive way.

Then restart system, but nothing.

2. Lunch the McAfee Pre Install Tool, and then retry the installation, but nothing.

3. Restart system in Safe Mode with LAN, lunch the McAfee Pre Install Tool, and retry the installation. But nothing.

4. Lunch the McAfee Virtual Technician, but in this case I can't see notghing...!!! Only the window but nothing inside.

I'm really disappointed with McAfee. After about 6 years of subscription and payments, now I can't reinstall my own software..!

None of the proposed solutions works for me.

It seems the javascript error causing crash in the installation, still has not resolved.

Does anybody know how to fix it..?!

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Reinstall McAfee Total Protection 2011 Javascript Error
          Ex_Brit

What version of Internet Explorer is installed and is Windows 7 including Service Pack 1?

Open Internet Explorer and go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click reset, Apply and OK any prompts.

Close and reopen IE and go to Tools/Manage Add-ons and re-enable any you need.  Don't doi anything else.

(Regardless of your default browser).

Try downloading the installer from the online account and save it to your desktop first.  Then double-click to start the installation.

if that fails, Technical Support is free via phone or Online Chat linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 25/02/12 6:51:53 EST PM
          • 2. Re: Reinstall McAfee Total Protection 2011 Javascript Error
            AlienwareAR

Hello.

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit SP1.

My Internet Explorer version is 9. But with Internet Explorer I can't even access to my account..!

So I'm using Firefox. But nothing. I can't install my own software.

I'm really thinking after about 6 years of subscription to change my antivirus software. Actually, I'm really disappointed with McAfee.

• 3. Re: Reinstall McAfee Total Protection 2011 Javascript Error
              Ex_Brit

That sounds ominously to me like an infection.  But first check that  Java is up to date, it's not the same as javascript but you never know:  Test it here: http://java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp

Download, install, update (important) and run a full scan with the FREE version of THIS software.

• 4. Re: Reinstall McAfee Total Protection 2011 Javascript Error
                AlienwareAR

Hi.

I'm sure no infection.

I've already installed the software you suggested to me, and it's all clear. Also for other software checking fot virus and malware it's all right.

My Java version is up to date and works great. This is the report of the site:

Java SE 6 Update 31

Architecture: x86

Is it possible that McAfee team has not yet solved that Javascript error..?!?!

Is it possible that I can't reinstall my own software, after that it has lost some functionalities like Net Guard..?!

I'm really thinking to change my antivirus software and choose another company, more serious.

• 5. Re: Reinstall McAfee Total Protection 2011 Javascript Error
                  Ex_Brit

When you ran the uninstall/cleanup MCPR tool, was it one you already had downloaded previously or a fresh download from the website?

Also have you at any time run Iolo System Mechanic?    It is notorious for causing this.

• 6. Re: Reinstall McAfee Total Protection 2011 Javascript Error
                    Ex_Brit

Also are you using an Admin-level account or a Standard user account in Windows?

• 7. Re: Reinstall McAfee Total Protection 2011 Javascript Error
                      Ex_Brit

3rd question, what version of IE9 are you using...go to Help/About and post the actual full version number.

• 8. Re: Reinstall McAfee Total Protection 2011 Javascript Error
                        knsingh

Hi

Its not clear what is the issue you have with Internet Explorer.

Advice you to unistall IE9, dont worry you will have IE8 once IE9 is unistalled.

To UNinstall IE9 try the following steps

1. Click the Start button, type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.

2. Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.
                        3. Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.

4. Click one of the following:

• Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 9 and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).

• Restart later

you may try accessing your account now with IE 8 and download McAfee.

Thanks and Regards,

Krishna Nandan Singh

• 9. Re: Reinstall McAfee Total Protection 2011 Javascript Error
                          Jayadeep NR

It seems you have some issues with IE on your computer and it may be causing this issue.

Let’s check it, open IE -> Select Tools button ->About Internet Explorer

2.jpg

It will display version, Cypher Strength and Product ID.

1.jpg

If those information are missing as shown above, please go ahead withremoving Internet Explorer 9 from your computer as Krishna mentioned above. Ifyou need IE 9 on your computer, we can re-install IE 9 by running WindowsUpdate after restarting the computer.

Now you may please try to re-install McAfee from account andlet us know the status.

Best of luck!!!

1 2 Previous Next