Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is archived
8540 Views 14 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2012 10:48 AM by AlienwareAR RSS 1 2 Previous Next
AlienwareAR Newcomer 12 posts since
Oct 30, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 25, 2012 3:02 PM

Reinstall McAfee Total Protection 2011 Javascript Error

Hello everybody.

I had to uninstall McAfee Total Protection beacause it had lost some functionalities, such as Net Guard. That is, when I tried to found the path of the set up of Net Guard, also describe in the guide, I could not see the menu item.

I've an Alienware M17x R2 with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

To uninstall McAfee I followed the guide:

1. Uninstall from Control Panel, then restart system.

2. Lunch the McAfee Removal Tool, then restart system.

Now, I've to reinstall the software, but I can't because of the javascript error. To fix it I've tried virtually all...

1. Open cmd as Administrator and then write the following command:

regsvr32 jscript.dll , enter

regsvr32 vbscript.dll , enter

Both of them reply in a positive way.

Then restart system, but nothing.

2. Lunch the McAfee Pre Install Tool, and then retry the installation, but nothing.

3. Restart system in Safe Mode with LAN, lunch the McAfee Pre Install Tool, and retry the installation. But nothing.

4. Lunch the McAfee Virtual Technician, but in this case I can't see notghing...!!! Only the window but nothing inside.

I'm really disappointed with McAfee. After about 6 years of subscription and payments, now I can't reinstall my own software..!

None of the proposed solutions works for me.

It seems the javascript error causing crash in the installation, still has not resolved.

Does anybody know how to fix it..?!

Thanks.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points