Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is archived
1398 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2012 11:05 PM by Lakshmanan Sathyamoorthy RSS
sporcello Newcomer 5 posts since
Jan 19, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 22, 2012 1:25 PM

Product Update client task log file

We have a Product Update client task to update the DAT files on our workstations. We have the AutoUpdate task disabled via policy, however I noticed that there is a log file generated for the AutoUpdate task if it is manually run (%DEFLOGDIR%\UpdateLog.txt). I wanted to know if there is someplace in the policies (I tried looking through all of them) where I can set the location of the log file for our Product Update client task. If you look under <taskname>  ->  properties in the VSE console, the log file location is grayed out, and I would like to be able to set a location for our update task log file so that I can troubleshoot when updates fail. Using the AutoUpdate task to update our workstations will not work because we have to schedule and manage when our workstations update themselves, and using client tasks is the most elegant way of managing this (different times, locations, etc). Anybody know the answer?

Message was edited by: sporcello on 2/22/12 1:25:44 PM CST

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points