3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2012 10:54 AM by Laszlo G

ePO 4.6 failed to sync AD cause of a ghost sync task still running

Hi,

My ePO server refuses to sync AD and display the message "A synchronization task for this group is in progress. Go to the Server Task Log to check the status."

I disabled every tasks about synchronising AD but it still shows me the same damn message and when i browse the "Server Task logs", i dont see any tasks running.

Reboot of the master and the base doesn't change anything.

Orion.log says "2012-02-20 10:39:14,146 ERROR [mfs:pool-1-thread-3] services.EPOSyncAndImportServices  - Failed to update last sync time, error: java.sql.SQLException: La conversion d'un type de données varchar en type de données datetime a créé une valeur hors limites."  The french sentence could be translated like that : "The conversion of a kind varchar data in datetime data made a value out of limit".

Any idea ?

• 1. Re: ePO 4.6 failed to sync AD cause of a ghost sync task still running
          Laszlo G

Hi ederlezi,

Hi,

My ePO server refuses to sync AD and display the message "A synchronization task for this group is in progress. Go to the Server Task Log to check the status."

this message will always apear when you click on the "sync now" button under group details and means it's trying to sync.

Of course, if you didn't click on this button ("synchroniser maintenenat" in french) then there's a problem

• 2. Re: ePO 4.6 failed to sync AD cause of a ghost sync task still running

I'm sorry but it's confusing.

Pressing "sync now" shows me the message "Une tâche de synchronisation pour ce groupe est déjà en cours. Accédez au journal des tâches serveur pour vérifier son état."

which mean in english "A synchronization task for this group is already in progress. Go to the Server Task Log to check the status." even if it shows in english the sentence i copied/paste before.

The sync time doesn't change and stays on "never synchronised" for that domain, 02/12/11 for the other domain.

• 3. Re: ePO 4.6 failed to sync AD cause of a ghost sync task still running
              Laszlo G

Hi ederlezi, don't worry.

The message "Une tâche de synchronisation pour ce groupe est déjà en cours. Accédez au journal des tâches serveur pour vérifier son état." will appear when you go under Menu->Systemes>Arborescence de Systemes->Details sur le groupe->Type de Synchronisation->Modifier and you click on "Synchroniser Maintenant" is it right? Or does this message appear even if you don't click on "Synchroniser Maintenant" or elsewhere?