7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2012 1:17 PM by tao

ExtraDat Query

tao

At one time I had an ExtraDat Query but now I receive the following error:

This query cannot be executed or edited because of the reasons listed below.

A query criteria column does not exist: EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN.extradatnames

Anyone recognize the criteria column?

• 1. Re: ExtraDat Query
          Spork

Tao,

Is this happening on a ePO 4.6.1 server? If so is it a fresh build and or an upgrade? I too am having the exact same issue on 2 ePO 4.6.1 servers that have been built from scratch. I get the following error when importing ExtraDAT queries that I have on my ePO 4.5 box.

The query could not be imported: A column to group by in thesummary view does not exist: EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN.extradatnames.

I have a open SR regarding this. If we reach a resolution I will let you know what the fix is.

S.

• 2. Re: ExtraDat Query
            tao

ePO 4.5.5 (build 1188) and I have a funny feeling that when I applied the latest greatest ePO patch it wiped it all out.  I hope they find a resolution for you and THANK YOU for sharing.

• 3. Re: ExtraDat Query
              Spork

No problem...we just fixed the issue. We removed ONLY the reporting extension and re-checked it back in. The ExtraDAT properties are now there. If you plan on trying this, please be careful to only remove the reporting extension as removal of the management extension will effect policies and tasks. Hope this works...YMMV

S.

• 4. Re: ExtraDat Query
                tao

I have two good eyes and I still don't see.  Which reporting extensions did you remove/re-checked in?

• 5. Re: ExtraDat Query
                  Spork

Hopefully this screen shot helps. You'll want to go to Menu | Software | Extensions. It should be one of the last extensions on the left hand side. It should say VirusScan Enterprise. If you click on that it should display the VirusScan extensions in the right hand pane. Remember...only the "reports" one should be removed.

Clip1.jpg

• 6. Re: ExtraDat Query
                    tao

Didn't work, opened a SR....Kinda strange that something like this isn't documented in McAfee's Knowledge base...

• 7. Re: ExtraDat Query
                      tao

Spork wrote:

Hopefully this screen shot helps. You'll want to go to Menu | Software | Extensions. It should be one of the last extensions on the left hand side. It should say VirusScan Enterprise. If you click on that it should display the VirusScan extensions in the right hand pane. Remember...only the "reports" one should be removed.

Clip1.jpg

Third time is a charm.  Per a McAfee source, who shall be left unnamed, it's a bug within the system.  Once you check in the extradat you should have the ability to build a query based on that extradat.