1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2012 1:55 AM by sachinshirodkar

Upgrading agent from 4.5 to 4.6

jasonp

I'm trying to upgrade the agent from 4.5 to 4.6 on a Windows Server 2003 SP2 box and running into an issue.  I'm trying to install this directly as opposed to pushing from ePO.

The syntax I'm using is FramePkg.exe /Install=Agent /ForceInstall /Silent, but it is generating an error: McAfee Agent -- The specified sitelist is invalid. McAfee Agent Setup will not continue.

What am I doing wrong?

• 1. Re: Upgrading agent from 4.5 to 4.6
          Tristan

Is your FramePkg.exe generated out of ePO or the one that comes with the agent installer?

• 2. Re: Upgrading agent from 4.5 to 4.6
            sdelvecchio

First, are you trying to perform this through a remote command line as why your not just running the EXE?

Looks like your missing the SiteInfo= parameter.

From the command line type FramePkg /? to get a list of the parameters.

• 3. Re: Upgrading agent from 4.5 to 4.6
              jasonp

I'm using the FramePkg.exe that I downloaded from McAfee, not generated from ePO.

Yes, I'm trying to install this from a command line.  I didn't have to specify a SiteInfo parameter for previous installations, or when I run the exe manually.  Why do I need it now?  If I absolutely need it, where do I get it (I know from the ePO server, but not sure where - I'm a noob).

• 4. Re: Upgrading agent from 4.5 to 4.6
                sdelvecchio

It's best to create a Framepkg from within ePO, then it will have everything you need.

1. In ePO, go to the system tree and click on the System Tree Actions button.
                2. Select the "Create and download agent installation package" option.
                3. You won't need any credentials because the package will have the credentials from ePO.
                4. You will then get the option to same the package to install manually.
                • 5. Re: Upgrading agent from 4.5 to 4.6
                  jasonp

I don't have that option.  Under System Tree > System Tree actions, I have:

New Systems

New Subgroup

Rename Group

Export Systems

Sort Now

On the right hand window, I have Actions > :

Choose Columns

Export Table

Rogue Sensor

Tag

Agent

Directory Management

None of the sub catagores have the 'create and download agent' option either.  Under Agent, there is:

Deploy Agents

Modify Policies on a Single System

Modify Tasks on a Single System

Set Description

Set Policies & Inheritence

Show Agent Log

Transfer Systems

Update Now

Wake Up Agents.

• 6. Re: Upgrading agent from 4.5 to 4.6
                    sdelvecchio

New Systems. Depending on the version of ePO you're running the menu items may be slightly different, but the ability is the same for all 4.x versions.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Upgrading agent from 4.5 to 4.6
                      jasonp

Thanks, I see the option now you described.  But in the options for the agent, the dropdown only shows Agent 4.5.  I need one for 4.6.  How do I do this? (Again, sorry for the noob-ishness).

• 8. Re: Upgrading agent from 4.5 to 4.6
                        sdelvecchio

Take your 4.6 package you donloaded from the McAfee site and upload it to ePO.

1. Menu - Software - Master Repository.
                        2. Click the Check in Package button. (Be sure your download is still in .zip format).
                        3. You will then need to check-in the extensions which contains the policies and tasks for 4.6 so this version can be managed in ePO.

Are you using ePO 4.0, 4.5 or 4.6? (Look at the version in your browser title).

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        • 9. Re: Upgrading agent from 4.5 to 4.6
                          jasonp

That's great, thank you for your help.  I have the package checked in.  I will generate a new framepkg from ePO and try it again.

We are using ePO 4.5.

Edit: it's working now.  Thanks to all for your help!

Message was edited by: jasonp on 16/02/12 14:18:45 CST
                          1 2 Previous Next