1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 16, 2012 6:26 PM by modena.meeks

    An unknown error has occurred when trying to access the Permission Set page

      Has anyone received "An unknown error has occurred" error when trying to access the Permission Set page?

       

       

      We're running ePO 4.5.0.1082 on Win2003 sp2 with SQL 2008 sp1 on Win2003 sp2 server.  In our environment, we're running VSE 8.7 p2 and p4 and MA 4.5 p3.

       

      We were able to access the Permission Set page within the last 6 months.  The most recent changes were: upgrading ePO from 4.5.0.753 to 4.5.0.1082, checking in VSE 8.7 p4 Extension and Package into the Evaluation Branch, and checking in MA 4.5 p3 into Evaluation Branch.

       

      We can access the Users page just fine.  This issue occurs with any user logged in, including the ePO admin on the ePO server.

       

      I have tried to replace the JRE and Console 2.0.3 directories with one from McAfee with no change.  The ePO orion log shows the following error:

       

      ERROR [http-8443-Processor24] [/console].[console]  - Servlet.service() for servlet console threw exception

      java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mcafee.orion.core.auth.OrionGroupAdMapping.

       

      We have never used GroupMapping, nor do we have an LDAP server; therefore, the value of this table (OrionGroupAdMapping) in the database is NULL.

       

      Any suggestions?

        • 1. Re: An unknown error has occurred when trying to access the Permission Set page

          Issue resolved:

           

          I first restored ePO following the restore procedures of KB66616; however, that did not resolve the issue.

           

          I then went through the list of extensions in the ePO console and compared it with ones on our Dev server.  They were a match.

           

          Then I went through the list of extensions in the \ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\conf\Catalina\localhost directory and compared them to the same list.  Apparently, the upgrade of ePO to version 4.5.4, all of the core extensions were still pointing to the previous 2.0 extension version instead of the new 2.0.3 extension version, i.e. console.xml, ldap.xml, and response.xml.  I stopped the services, then edited the xml files with the correct version and restarted the services.  I am now able to access the Permission Sets.