3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2012 11:11 AM by tao

How do I remove VSE and agent on computers in epo

Hello,

We have some rouge systems that I need to target the removal of VSE and the agent within epo.  The computers are not in ADDS which is making it difficult to do.  Does anyone know how to remove VSE and the agent as a task when a computer communicates with the epo server?

Thanks,

Kennedy

• 1. Re: How do I remove VSE and agent on computers in epo
          hem

If the machine is communicating to the ePO server then VSE can be removed with product deployment task (select VSE and set action to Remove).

To uninstall the agent, we need to delete the machine from the system tree and check the box 'uninstall the agent'. The agent will be uninstalled at next ASCI.

• 2. Re: How do I remove VSE and agent on computers in epo
            Laszlo G

Perhaps the easiest way would be to tag these computers with a specific tag (for example "delete VSE") and then set a deployment task only for this tag to remove VirusScan. McAfee Agent can only be removed by deleting the computers from system tree and checking the option to remove mcafee agent

Edit: hem was faster than me

El mensaje fue editado por: ulyses31 on 14/02/12 18:12:10 CET
            1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How do I remove VSE and agent on computers in epo
              tao

Do the rouge systems actually communicate with your ePO server (meaning, they receive dats, policies and so on)?  Perhaps creating a package with Winrar with the uninstall commands, package it up with EEDK 9.2.5 and deploy via your ePO console.

1 of 1 people found this helpful