5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2012 6:53 AM by asabban

supported hardware for webwasher7

foresthus

Hello.

Where can I find the supported hardware for the product webwasher7?

Is it possible to install webwasher7 to "cirtix xen server 5.6"?

Is it absolutely necessary to use hardware distributed by mcafee?

thanx a lot.

• 1. Re: supported hardware for webwasher7
          asabban

Hello,

MWG7 is supported on McAfee Appliances (Hardware) or VMWare Server Versions (Virtual).

Best,

Andre

• 2. Re: supported hardware for webwasher7
            foresthus

Hello,

I had heard that it is also possible to install the software on an hp-hardware . Is that correct?

Best,

Gero

• 3. Re: supported hardware for webwasher7
              asabban

Hello,

not exactly. If you want to use MWG on Blade the Blade Server we use is HP hardware. But you won´t be able to buy a HP server and install MWG on it.

Best,

Andre

• 4. Re: supported hardware for webwasher7
                foresthus

Hello,

you mean the document (mwg_addendum_7.1.6_AD-ADDENDUM-1211-EN.pdf)? There is these hp-hardware supported:

• ProLiant BL460c G6
                • ProLiant BL460c G6.5

If only this hardware is supported, what are the requirements for the hardware?

What do you think looking to this hardware:

• SERVER PLT DL 580-R03 XEON
                • SERVER PLT DL 360-G4P XEON

We bought the hardware incl. Software from McAfee (version 6.8.7 build 9396). Our aim is to upgrade/migrate to webwsher7.

What is your suggest to do best for our company?

Best,

Gero

• 5. Re: supported hardware for webwasher7
                  asabban

Hello,

the ProLiant BL devices are blade servers. They won´t be usable as stand-alone systems. Unfortunately I am not familiar with the hardware you mentioned. I think we need to see the exact specs, especially CPU, Memory and harddisk. To use the hardware you will have to use VMWare in between. MWG7 will not run on this hardware natively.

Please provice more details about the exact hardware specs. Please check with HP whether the hardware is certified to run VMWare. I would  recommend to use ESXi and install MWG on top of ESXi. Certainly the hardware needs to be powerful enough to ensure a good performance. MWG7 should have a minimum of 4 GB of Ram per instance.

I would recommend to get in touch with one of our Presales resources. They can explain what other companies do when they upgrade and can calculate whether the hardware is suitable, or work on an alternative scenario. To ensure a smooth transition to MWG7, make sure you have them calculate real numbers as I can only give some ideas here in the community.

Best,

ANdre