2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2012 5:23 AM by sbenedix

RUNAUTOUPDATE="" doesn't work in silent installation VSE 8.8

Hello,

We installed VSE8.7i with the following command;

SetupVSE.exe ADDLOCAL=ALL RUNAUTOUPDATE="" /q

It always worked for us. VSE didn't update upon installation and after the installation, we added a SDAT package from a central distribution.

Now we are testing with VSE 8.8i, but the command we used for VSE 8.7i doesn't work.

SetupVSE is updating upon installation, what takes a long time (slow internetconnection).

Could someone please provide a correct installationstring for silent, unattend installation, without update from internet?

Thanks in advance!

S. Holman

Message was edited by: svenholman85 on 2/14/12 4:28:44 AM CST
        • 1. Re: RUNAUTOUPDATE="" doesn't work in silent installation VSE 8.8
          Laszlo G

I'm not really sure about this but as far as VSE 8.8 does not have a "real" DAT included in the package (it has a kind of fake DAT with version 1111) you won't be able to decide wether to update or not at the end of the install process even if you use your specific command,  it will always update.

Perhaps you may be interested on using McAfeeInstall Designer where you'll be able to create a new package with a DAT inside and (Ithink) you'll be able to decide if an update will take in place after install or not.

• 2. Re: RUNAUTOUPDATE="" doesn't work in silent installation VSE 8.8
            sbenedix

The installation requires an autoupdate at the end of the install as the install only lays down placeholder DAT files (1111). If you do not want the update to occur at the end of the install, then you will need to make a MIDpackage that includes DAT files current enough (no more than 35 days old) to not kick off an update.

The installer checks to see if the DATs are current at the end of the install, if not...then an update is performed. The only way around this is to have current DATs on the box, which means for new installs using MID.

Behaviour was changed between versions thats correct.