4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2012 8:24 AM by simonzang

How to choose the Agent branch in a Update task?

Hello.

I created a Product Update task to update VSE8.8 to patch 1, and it works. However, I confused by one cirtical issue: Where to choose the Agent branch (Current or Evaluation) in a Update task?

I can choose Agent and VSE branch on the Configuration tab af a Product Deployment task, but there is nowhere to choose Agent and VSE branch on a Product Update task.

In such a case, as far as I know, I can choose VSE branch on one Assigned Policies called McAfee Agent General policy, on the Updates tag. Thre are signatures and engines, Patches and Service packs which I can choose to use Current or Evaluation branch. However, where to choose Agent branch?

Message was edited by: simonzang on 2/14/12 12:54:11 AM CST
        • 1. Re: How to choose the Agent branch in a Update task?
          Laszlo G

Hi simonzang, as you already told you can choose your branch when setting a product deployment task (deploying new version of McAfee Agent, VirusScan, etc...)

The only way to choose the branch when updating a product (i.e. DAT, engine, BOF, patches...) is selecting the correct McAfee Agent policy for a computer or a group under General Policy->updates (as you said)

Be aware that updating (for example) McAfee Agent 4.6 to McAfee Agent 4.6P1 is not an update task but a product deployment task

• 2. Re: How to choose the Agent branch in a Update task?

Hi Uslyses,

Be aware that updating (for example) McAfee Agent 4.6 to McAfee Agent 4.6P1 is not an update task but a product deployment task

Now I understand. Thanks a lot Uslyses.

One more question:

My Product Deployment client task for update VSE8.7 to VSE8.8 P1 takes 10 minuts. But my Product Update client task for update VSE8.8 to VSE8.8 P1 takes several hours. I have choosed "Run Immediately". Waht's the point?

• 3. Re: How to choose the Agent branch in a Update task?
              Laszlo G

That's strange, if it's set to run immediatly it should run in less than an hour (because 1 hour is the standard agent-to-server communication interval).

If you know that your task is set as it should be then try to enable "

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: How to choose the Agent branch in a Update task?

He ulyses,

I think that we have some problem with our network. Thansk for help. You are so helful and kind.

//Simon