Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
1270 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2012 4:32 PM by cgrim RSS
amardeep Newcomer 28 posts since
Nov 28, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 13, 2012 6:07 AM

Scheduled Scan do not run

Hello All,

I am using McAfee Vunlerability Manager Version 7. I have scheduled 2 scans to run every Saturday. Now for one of these scans I see that sometimes, It does not show up in the pending scans for coming saturday where as it shows up pending for next to next saturday. For example it did not showed up in pending scan for 18th of this month where as it was showing pending for 25th of this month.

Now when I cancelled it and activated it again, It showed up in pending list for this coming Saturday (18th Feb). I figured that this happens every alternative week.  I am not able to figure out any reason for this and neither I see any old discussions on this. Can someone shed some information on this?

Thanks in Advance,

Amar Deep Singh

• Stingner Newcomer 8 posts since
    Nov 26, 2009
    1. Feb 16, 2012 1:29 PM (in response to amardeep)
    Re: Scheduled Scan do not run

Amardeep,

1- make sure that "Use Scan Windows" isn't selected. If you use Scan Windows, your scan will only run during the hours you specify on the day(s) you have it scheduled and if it didn't finish, the scan will continue the next week. 

2- Has the scanning completed before the next scan schedule starts? This can be another reason.

Hope this helps.

• Community Leader 479 posts since
    Nov 3, 2009
    2. Feb 24, 2012 4:32 PM (in response to amardeep)
    Re: Scheduled Scan do not run

If you're still having problems with your scheduled scans, please open a Service Request:

For contact details:

-  Go to: http://www.mcafee.com/us/about/contact/index.html
    -  Non-US customers - select your country from the list of Worldwide Offices.

Alternatively:

-  If you are a registered user, type your User Id and Password and click OK.
    -  If you are not a registered user, click New User and complete the required fields. Your password and login instructions will be emailed to you.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points