8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2012 8:47 AM by SafeBoot

EEPC 6.1 Uninstall command

tony.lin

I read about Manually uninstall EEPC from the client system in  the product guide, it talk about Uninstall command. Where can I find it?

• 1. Re: EEPC 6.1 Uninstall command
          foliveir

Hello,

This information is available in the release notes (see e.g. in PD23187) for the product reproduced below:

Manually uninstall EEPC from the client system

Use this task to manually uninstall EEPC from the client system. Ensure to deactivate the Endpoint Encryption

Agent before initiating the manual removal process.

Task

1. After deactivating the Endpoint Encryption Agent, browse to the following registry values and doubleclick

the Uninstall Command. The Edit String dialogue box appears.

For EE Agent on 32-bit system: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\ePolicy

Orchestrator\Application Plugins\EEADMIN_1000.

Release Notes for McAfee Endpoint Encryption for PC 6.1 Patch 1

For EEPC on 32-bit system: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\ePolicy

Orchestrator\Application Plugins\EEPC.

For EE Agent on 64-bit system: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Network

Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\EEADMIN_1000.

For EEPC on 64-bit system: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Network

Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\EEPC.

2. Copy the Value data from the Edit String dialog box and run it on the command prompt. You can

retain /q and add /norestart commands to run a silent removal and to avoid restarting the system after

removing EEPC .

HTH,

Fausto

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: EEPC 6.1 Uninstall command

When you say "deactivate the EEPC agent" do you mean we need to move the machine to a policy that decrypts the dirve first or use EETech, or do you mean stopping the service or some such?

• 3. Re: EEPC 6.1 Uninstall command
              Hemant Koli

Hello Thundercat.

You need to move the system to the Group with Decryption Policy as well as you need to ensure weather the Enable Policy option is Unchecked under General Tab.

• 4. Re: EEPC 6.1 Uninstall command

Thanks for the reply!

So I need to move it to a policy with the encryption set to "none" and "Enable Automatic Booting" ticked, but does this policy then need to be enabled or disabled?

For some reason, the test machine isn't decrypting when I synch with the policy enabled. I wonder if it could be my Policy Assignment rules.

• 5. Re: EEPC 6.1 Uninstall command
                  whgibbo

Please also remember to open the cmd prompt as administrator

• 6. Re: EEPC 6.1 Uninstall command
                    mat.kordell

foliveir wrote:

Hello,

This information is available in the release notes (see e.g. in PD23187) for the product reproduced below:

Manually uninstall EEPC from the client system

Use this task to manually uninstall EEPC from the client system. Ensure to deactivate the Endpoint Encryption

Agent before initiating the manual removal process.

Task

1. After deactivating the Endpoint Encryption Agent, browse to the following registry values and doubleclick

the Uninstall Command. The Edit String dialogue box appears.

For EE Agent on 32-bit system: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\ePolicy

Orchestrator\Application Plugins\EEADMIN_1000.

Release Notes for McAfee Endpoint Encryption for PC 6.1 Patch 1

For EEPC on 32-bit system: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\ePolicy

Orchestrator\Application Plugins\EEPC.

For EE Agent on 64-bit system: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Network

Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\EEADMIN_1000.

For EEPC on 64-bit system: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Network

Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\EEPC.

2. Copy the Value data from the Edit String dialog box and run it on the command prompt. You can

retain /q and add /norestart commands to run a silent removal and to avoid restarting the system after

removing EEPC .

HTH,

Fausto

I found that when following this process I had to run the commands in the reverse order from how they are listed here otherwise it would keep poping up to say the eepc agent is running... I'm on a 64 bit win 7 machine and here's what worked for me.

1) Start -> cmd (right-click, run as admin)

2) Start -> regedit

3) Copy the contents of: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Network

Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\EEPC

4) Right-click to paste into command prompt window, delete "/q /norestart", renter

5) Restart

6) Start -> cmd (right-click, run as admin)

7) Start -> regedit

8) Copy the contents of: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Network

Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\EEADMIN_1000

9) Right-click to paste into command prompt window, delete "/q", enter

10) Restart

• 7. Re: EEPC 6.1 Uninstall command

Is there a way to manually deactiviate the McAfee Endpoint Encryption Agent without using ePO?

In my case, there is an issue with the EEPC Agent and it does not receive commands from ePO correctly, so the agent is essentially broken. Broken agent means there no policy changes can be made and communicated to the EEPC software.

Any thoughts?

• 8. Re: EEPC 6.1 Uninstall command

You would need to use the remove feature within eetech.