6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2012 5:23 AM by adeelm

LOG size

adeelm

Hi,

Can any one tell me what is the size of the logs that are sent between the ePO and McAfee agent.

thanks

• 1. Re: LOG size
          Laszlo G

Hi adeelm, this will depend on what events will upload a computer to ePO. The problem is that event log file are changing depending on the amount of events between every McAfee Agent upload.

But if you want you can try to monitor file sizes under C:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Events before being parsed.

• 2. Re: LOG size
            adeelm

hi ulyses31, Thanks for the information. In the location "C:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Events" I could not find any events. this folder was empty.

Thanks

• 3. Re: LOG size
              Laszlo G

If I'm right this folder will only have files when a computer uploads its logs but they will disappear when ePO's event parser reads them.

Are you having trouble with network load because of these logs uploading to ePO server or is it just to know their size?

• 4. Re: LOG size
                adeelm

It is for both the reasons. Because some times there is lot of data on the network. I want to know the size so that I can do something about it,,

Thanks

• 5. Re: LOG size
                  Laszlo G

Well I've been testing this and the only way to see the logs and their sizes on the eposerver is to stop the McAfee EventParser service.

Once stopped you'll see all logs sent by computers to the ePO server appearing in the events folder and they will stay here until you start the service again so you can see how many logs are stored there and their usual size

Of course you won't see any new events on the console's threat log until you start again this service.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: LOG size
                    adeelm

hi ulyses31, Thank you very much. that was great help from you. Now I will see the logs size as it is quite important for me...

Thanks again.