This content has been marked as final. Show 8 replies
Same issue here - reported the protection issue to McAfee Support early yesterdaty morning and they did ynot resolve the problem.
The fact the error has changed indicateds I guess that they have tried to solve it - but failed....
Having chatted with the guys in another IT Dept, they aren't having any download issues as they use ePO to manage everything.
From what I've read, ePO downloads and creates repositories differently from a normal 'Mirror' Task in a client pointing to update.nai.com (which is what I am using).
I guess it's only people not using ePO that are affected?
Nope - we use ePO.....
Anyone else having similar issues?
I've managed to find an article describing the problem (KB60644) :-
This issue has apparently been caused by a misconfigured .upd (incremental DAT file) which was ~62MB in size instead of the normal ~300KB. As a result, it was pulled from the update site.
The 'fix' is the next update (5530) which is due some time this evening (I assume US time) :(
So, we have to sit tight and wait :rolleyes:
I managed to find this info from a Danish website, translated via Google, which had the KB number on it, and not by searching McAfee! :rolleyes:
McAfee has delayed the release of the 5530 DAT until 13:30GMT. My EPO server started downloading it this morning at 7.30am US CST.
Cheers for the update.
It looks like it's coming down now :cool:
Worked fine via ePO as well over HTTP