3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2012 3:20 AM by Laszlo G

ePO 4.61 / VSE 8.x automatic deployment to all (client)computers within the AD-structure

Hello communutiy,

first i want to introduce myself:

i am Peter and i just started to evaluate ePO 4.6.1 and VSE 8.X with the plan to impleent this solution in my company.

Until now we are using a other product for protecting our clients and server. For now we plan to implement device security which could be deployed with epo too. We just seeking about a solution which covers more than anti-virus so mcaffee seems to be right for us.

Thats it for now, now my first question.

i have successfully installing epo and finished the assistant for the first time.

(selecting packages, syncing with ad, updating packages ...)

I would like to solve the following issue:

i would like to create a task (better: servertask / clienttask) which do the following:

- checking all systems (clients ONLY, means tag Clients) if epo-agent is allready on it. if yes, do nothing, if no, deploy it.

(Servertask)

- checking all systems, (clients ONLY), if vse 8.x is installed, do nothing, if not, deploy it.

This task(s) should run every 2 hours.

Is this possible and if yes, could someone explain the settings (or better how they should be, screenshots would be fine or something) so solve this ?

Of course manually deploying mcafee agent works fine, and vse will be installed then via task.

thanks in advance

Peter

• 1. Re: ePO 4.61 / VSE 8.x automatic deployment to all (client)computers within the AD-structure
          Laszlo G

Hi peter12345, I think it would be interesting for you setting an AD sync so ePO can read all the computers (selected by OU's or containers on AD) and then deploy agents to them (only the first time, once managed they won't be deployed again).

If you think this is what you want then you should go to System Tree and create a new SubGroup under My Organization. Then select your new group and, on the right, go to the Group Details tab and edit the Synchronization Type. If you're using Active Directory then select it, set your AD servers credentials and browse for the OU you want to read (for example Clients if you have an OU called this way, you can also exclude some containers if you want).

At the bottom of this page you'll find the Push Agent option were you can set credentials for agent deployment only for not managed computers.

Once finished save your settings and click on Synchronize now if you want to test it and it will create the same system tree structure as you have on AD.

on 10/02/12 8:31:42 EST AM
          • 2. Re: ePO 4.61 / VSE 8.x automatic deployment to all (client)computers within the AD-structure

Hello ulyses31,

the sync for the ad works fine. This is already done, the AD structure is completly the same in epO, so your answer did not match to my problem.

>>

i would like to create a task (better: servertask / clienttask) which do the following:

- checking all systems (clients ONLY, means tag Clients) if epo-agent is allready on it. if yes, do nothing, if no, deploy it.

(Servertask)

- checking all systems, (clients ONLY), if vse 8.x is installed, do nothing, if not, deploy it.

This task(s) should run every 2 hours.

Is this possible and if yes, could someone explain the settings (or better how they should be, screenshots would be fine or something) so solve this ?

Of course manually deploying mcafee agent works fine, and vse will be installed then via task.

>>

what i want is an automatic task which runs regulary every x hours and check, if the epo agent is allready deployed. if not, it should be installed (automatically), with no interaction from me on all

so my question:

which settings do i need to handle the automatic rollout of the agent to all clients if no agent is available on the machine?

and

which settings do i need to get the vse automatic deployed after the agent is running?

regards

Peter

• 3. Re: ePO 4.61 / VSE 8.x automatic deployment to all (client)computers within the AD-structure
              Laszlo G

Ok, now I understand.

Regarding this: "checking all systems (clients ONLY, means tag Clients) if epo-agent is allready on it. if yes, do nothing, if no, deploy it."

which criteria are you using to apply this tag? Is it the same as tag "workstation"?