7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2016 2:22 PM by silverss05

VSE8.8 Policies not enforced with ePO4.6.1

dmease729

Hi,

I have a test install of ePO4.6.1 running on a Win2K8R2 server, and VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 running on the same server, managed by ePO. 
      This server is in a System Tree subgroup called 'Test', and I have a VSE general options policy called 'VSE General Options test' which is a duplicate of 'McAfee Default' with the following two options changed:

- Display Managed Tasks in the client console
      - Disable default Autoupdate task schedule

This policy has then been assigned to the 'Test' subgroup in the system tree.  This has been saved, and I used the 'Check New Policies' option in the McAfee Agent Monitor, which showed that a new policy had been downloaded.

All good so far, but when I go into the VirusScan console, the AutoUpdate task is still present and enabled, and a test on-demand scan client test that I had configured in ePO and assigned to the subgroup is not present.  I tried configuring a password in the general options, but this doesnt appear to be pushed out either...

Had a quick check around and stumbled across KB66652, but from what I can see the section names look fine in the policy XML (attached).  I saw a few other posts on the communitiy and elsewhere with *similar* issues but not the same...

Has anybody come across this, or does anybody have any ideas of what could be causing this? 

Thanks in advance,

Server: Win2k8R2 (not a domain member)
      Managed agent is 4.6.0.1694
      VSE is 8.8.0.849
      ePO is 4.6.1 (Build 1192)