6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2012 1:53 PM by mrandolp

Endpoint Encryption ePO managed Uninstall from Workstation

mrandolp

I have started testing Endpoint Encryption  ePO managed.  I have been able to install and encrypt from ePO.  What I am looking for is a good document I can use to test un-encrypting and removing the agent.  I've read the documents and tried to un-crypt but I messed it up.  I had to re-image the laptop.  If someone has a document I could use, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks Mike.

• 1. Re: Endpoint Encryption ePO managed Uninstall from Workstation

You should have got all the docs when you downloaded EEPC from the McAfee site?

What did you do to "mess up" - it's usually impossible to get in a bad position, well, unless you delete your EPO instance before decrypting the machine I guess?

• 2. Re: Endpoint Encryption ePO managed Uninstall from Workstation
            mrandolp

To Answer your question, I don't know.  What I have done, now.  I created a task to install the agent and encrypt the laptop.  After encrypting the LT, I wanted to unencrypt.  I created two groups, one called decrypt laptop, the other Remove agent and software.  The policies for Decrypt laptop, following the documentation, un-checked Enable policy.  Sent Agent wakeup call to the node. On the node, Policy enforcement has completed.  Nothing happened.  So I went back to the policies and created a new policy called disable encryption.  Made sure enable policy was unchecked and encryption set to none. sent agent wakeup call and still nothing happened.  Not for sure what I'm doing wrong.  Thanks for your help in advance.

Mike.

• 3. Re: Endpoint Encryption ePO managed Uninstall from Workstation
              mrandolp

Well, I've done some other testing.  Going by the documentation EE 112 Product Guide, I have followed the steps again on page 26 to Deactive the EEPC Client.  According to the documentation, On the General tab, deselect Enable policy.  Save the Policy and send an Agent wakeup call. Well I did all of that.  Looking at the EE quick view on the laptop, Policy enforcement has completed.  It has not started the decryption process.  I even rebooted the laptop.  What gives?  Why does't it work?  I'm getting frustrated.

Mike.

• 4. Re: Endpoint Encryption ePO managed Uninstall from Workstation
                adionne

Did you ensure that you set the wake up to force complete policy and task update? I've found that without that, the policy does not get sent.

Also, you could try clicking the check new policies and enforce policies on the laptop to determine if its a communication issue.

Just a thought.

Message was edited by: adionne (Grammer/Spelling) on 2/9/12 2:47:47 PM CST
                • 5. Re: Endpoint Encryption ePO managed Uninstall from Workstation
                  mrandolp

Yes, I always set the Agent to force complete policy enforcement.  Looks like I will need to call Platinum support to get them to help with the issue.  Thanks for your reply.  At least someone did reply to my post, after I updated it.

Thanks again.

• 6. Re: Endpoint Encryption ePO managed Uninstall from Workstation
                    mrandolp

I called support and working through the issue, we found the the McAfee Agent was the problem.  After I pushed out the McAfee Agent to the LT, and did an agent wakeup call, the LT started decrypting.

Thanks for all of your help.

Mike.