1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 7, 2012 3:29 PM by SafeBoot

Change Password Dialogue Box Text Modification

System Info:

EPO 4.6

EEPC 6.1.2

Endpoints: Win7 64

---------

So what I'm trying to is modify the text in the pre-boot Change Password box.  I've been able to do this by editing the Core-0409.xml fle on the endpoint but when I change the Core-0409.xml file on the EPO server the changes do not reflect on the endpoints.  My expectation was that by making the change in EPO the file would be updated during the next ASCI or Wake Up Agents - Force complete policy and task update. 

On the EPO server I modified Core-0409.xml file here:  C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Software\Current\EEPC\Install\0000\Core-0409.xml

On the Endpoint I modified the Core-0409.xml file here: C:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Encryption for PC v6\Locale\English-US\Core-0409.xml

We're planning to migrate our V5 systems soon and will be using ALDU rather than the migration utility.  We are going to use the v6.1.2 feature to not prompt users for the default pwd.  This process works really well but we feel the text in the Change Password box will mislead users to change thier current password, which we do not want them to do.  If i can change the text in the pwd change box to what you see below the migration should roll pretty smooth. 

So does anyone have any idea what I need to do on the EPO side to ensure the custom core-0409.xml is included with the EEPC product install? 

Pwd.png