8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2012 8:47 AM by KatherineYH Hayes

Tojan.. PLEASE HELP

PLEASE HELP!! My Icons are all missing and so is everthing in my start menue. My backround id black and PC performance & stability anaylysis report will not go away from my conputer.

• 1. Re: Tojan.. PLEASE HELP
          Peter M

Can you successfully boot into "Safe Mode" by tapping F8 repeatedly while booting up?

If so go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools and select System Restore and go back to before this happened.

If successful don't forget to immediately turn off System Restore temporarily to get rid of whatever this nasty is and then update Windows and your McAfee software.

Please advise what your operating system and servicve pack is and what security software you have installed.

• 2. Re: Tojan.. PLEASE HELP

</quote>

Can you successfully boot into "Safe Mode" by tapping F8 repeatedly while booting up?

If so go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools and select System Restore and go back to before this happened.

If successful don't forget to immediately turn off System Restore temporarily to get rid of whatever this nasty is and then update Windows and your McAfee software.

Please advise what your operating system and servicve pack is and what security software you have installed.

</endquote>

is the above reccomened to do as soon as you discover a trojan? or is the above only for people with infected computers that are not working correctly becsaue of the trojans?

thank you

Message was edited by: Hayton, to add start-quote/end-quote markers to indicate that Ex_Brit is being quoted on 06/02/12 07:38:36 GMT
            • 3. Re: Tojan.. PLEASE HELP
              Hayton

@bobbyklump,

Please, don't scatter your posts over lots of threads. It makes it impossible to follow the development of any solution to your problem. Apart from anything else, you are attempting to get an answer from Ex_Brit, who is currently offline. And if you're going to quote from a previous post in a thread, it would help if you clicked on the 'Quote Message' symbol, the one to the right of the emoticon in the Reply header bar. I had to read your message three times before I realised that most of it was a repeat of Ex_Brit's previous post.

I'm locking the thread where you first posted, since Peacekeeper (who is currently online) is answering you in the second thread where you posted.

• 4. Re: Tojan.. PLEASE HELP

please excuse me

i am only concerned and woild like ot find an answer on how to remove any trojans/ if there are any trojans?

thank you for your help

• 5. Re: Tojan.. PLEASE HELP
                  Peter M

Generally System Restore is a very useful tool in any problematic situation, but you have to be the judge.

• 6. Re: Tojan.. PLEASE HELP
                    Hayton

This has been dealt with in the other thread and now appears to be Answered.

• 7. Re: Tojan.. PLEASE HELP
                      Peter M

motleythree, how about you?

• 8. Re: Tojan.. PLEASE HELP

The virus cannot be removed until the virus processes are stopped. Without the name of the virus that Malwarebytes identified a specific removal method cannot be provided.