I found a solution:
sfc /scannow solves the problem but I had to do run it via a console connection on the local server.
There is also a workaround:
WorkaroundDisable the Common Standard Protection Access Protection Rule to prevent McAfee processes being hooked.
- Click Start, Programs, McAfee, VirusScan Console.
- Double-click Access Protection.
- Select Common Standard Protection.
- Deselect both the Block and Report entry for Prevent hooking of McAfee processes.
This is enabled by default.
- Click OK and exit VirusScan Console.
Hope this helps...
I think you should not disable the Common Standard Protection Access Rule, but exclude scncfg32.exe. So do not deselect the Block and Report entry. Better insert scncfg32.exe to excluded process.