1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2012 7:04 PM by bamboozled!!!

HELP! ZeroAccess causing havoc to my laptop, I can't access Internet anymore

I am typing this using my Mac. My laptop had an attack of the malicious trojan horse Zero Access.

I believe the infected file was desktop.ini

I have McAfee Total Protection that detected the trojan horse but could not remove it. Then the

firewall of my McAfee refuse to get turned on.

Later, after searching the net, I found some articles about using anti-spyware to delete the trojan

horse. So I downloaded SUPERAntiSpyware that found the trojan horse plus some bad cookies and

deleted them.

But the problem got worse after that as my laptop keeps getting Limited Access on my wifi connection

thus making it impossible to access the internet.

I later downloaded Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from another laptop and installed it on the infected

laptop and again, the trojan horse was detected and removed.

Yet, I'm still getting problems. My firewall cannot get turned on, and my internet access is disabled.

I surfed the McAfee and tried to figure out how to contact support but it keeps insisting I run the

McAfee Virtual Technician first before I can proceed. Problem is the version I have on the infected

laptop says it's not up-to-date and refuse to run. Plus the fact I have no internet access on the

infected laptop, I can't download the latest.

HELP! What can I do now?

1 2 Previous Next