5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2012 7:44 AM by asabban

GUI issue after upgrading

Hi,

Until 2 days ago I was able to login to the appliance on ports 4711 and 4712.

I upgraded theappliance through the GUI. Since then I am unable to login to the GUI.

The ssh shell is still ok. The java on the PC used to access the gui is v1.6.

Reboots do not clear the issue.

Can I revert the upgrade?

When accessing the device over 4711 the error seen is "Error: Click for details" in the main browser window.

When accessing the device over 4712 the error seen is in a pop-up "There is no Coordinator attached"

Any ideas on whats up ?

• 1. Re: GUI issue after upgrading
          asabban

Hello,

there is no supported way to revert the update except re-imaging the box and restoring a backup. I think we should be able to restore GUI access and - if possible - leave the box on the version it currently is. Trying to downgrade may cause more problems than getting the GUI issues fixed.

Can you maybe provide a screenshot of the error message(s)? This helps to get an idea where the issue may come from. Additionally it would be interesting to know if clearing the browser cache, clearing the java cache, or trying to access from a different PC works - by doing so we can rule out it is a client issue (Java unfortunately seems to behave weird sometimes).

Additionally you may want to SSH into the box and check using "ps ax" if there are mwg-coordinator and java (GUI) processes.

[root@MWG7-2 ~]# ps ax | grep mwg-coordinator

28531 ?        Ss     0:00 /opt/mwg/bin/mwg-coordinator -u mwgc:mwg

28532 ?        Sl     0:00 /opt/mwg/bin/mwg-coordinator -u mwgc:mwg

28621 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep mwg-coordinator

[root@MWG7-2 ~]# ps ax | grep java

4587 ?        Sl     2:54 /usr/lib/jvm/jre/bin/java -Xmx250m -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Djava.library.path=/usr/lib64 -classpath :/usr/share/mwg-ui/bin/bootstrap.jar:/usr/share/mwg-ui/bin/tomcat-juli.jar:/usr /share/java/commons-daemon.jar -Dcatalina.base=/usr/share/mwg-ui -Dcatalina.home=/usr/share/mwg-ui -Djava.endorsed.dirs= -Djava.io.tmpdir=/usr/share/mwg-ui/temp -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/usr/share/mwg-ui/conf/logging.properties -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start

28629 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep java

Also under /opt/mwg/log/mwg-errors/ where are several log files written. mwg-ui and mwg-coordinator logs would be my first place to start looking.

I never saw such behaviour before, unfortunately.

Best,

Andre

• 2. Re: GUI issue after upgrading
            Jon Scholten

Was this issue resolved at all? If not, I would open a ticket and include a feedback.

~Jon

• 3. Re: GUI issue after upgrading
              asabban

As far as I know it was solved by clearing the Java Cache. In case its not, please update this thread.

Best,

Andre

• 4. Re: GUI issue after upgrading

Andre,

thanks for your troubleshooting steps and follow ups.

Its was the java cache on the PC running the gui that was cleared

Regards

Mike

• 5. Re: GUI issue after upgrading
                  asabban

Thanks for sharing Mike!

Best,

Andre