2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2012 12:24 PM by shannex

    Several computers not communicating back to ePO?

      So I've been auditing a few things on my ePO server lately and I've noticed a large percentage of the deloyed agents are not communicating back to the server (or at least thats what it shows in ePO).

       

       

      I checked a few things, like the log file of one of the worst offenders and it seems on the local device it communicates fine, its just the console that doesnt show it.

       

      I have checked firewall ports for potential blocks on ports 80, 443, 8081, 8082, 8443 and 8444 with no issues, I dont see any mention of this issue in the documentation so I was just wondering if this is a common thing or if there is a fix for it?

       

      Attached file shows that several havent talked in months.

        • 1. Re: Several computers not communicating back to ePO?
          Tristan

          If the client says it's communication successfully but ePO says it isn't then i suspect that you might have duplicate machine entries within your system tree (or 2 ePO servers).

           

          I.e. the clients are reporting correctly but to an entry in a different folder in the system tree.

           

          What is the circumstances of these 'rogue' machines? Are they laptops, pc's or virtual machines at the other end of a VPN/VLAN/WAN Subnet? or are they plain old normal PC's on your LAN?

           

          Also have these machines been installed via an hardrive image?

           

          Message was edited by: Tristan on 01/02/12 16:45:31 GMT
          • 2. Re: Several computers not communicating back to ePO?

            Well thats the part I dont get because I have one server, no duplicate lists or entries.  The devices are all laptops, a variety of makes and models, no real pattern as if to say 'only toshiba' or something. Most are seperate VLANs than the one the server is on, and they can all ping back just fine from either end. None are done via image, and I just noticed on one of the logs this is a common Warning:

             

            2012-02-01 12:43:11,562 WARNING MfeEpeServiceLPCServer               LPC state initialized, but runtime unavailable. Please check MA installation.

            And

            2012-02-01 13:21:12,250 WARNING MfeEpeEsEncryptionInformationService ..\..\..\Src\EpeFsmHostErrorHandler.cpp: EPE_fsm_host_error_handler::handle: 71: Received service unavailable exception: The service MfeEpeEncryptionInformationServiceClient is currently unavailable

             

             

            ~~~Edit~~~

            I am going to install EE GO and test the communication between to see if that will identify any issues.

             

            Message was edited by: shannex on 01/02/12 12:24:42 CST PM