5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2012 11:40 AM by Peter M

Can't install VSE880LMLRP1 on Win 7 32 Sp1

Hello community,

I want to install VSE880LMLRP1 on my win 7 32 sp1 client.

Installation runs to the end and want now update the scanner in a popup, but the update-popup is freeezing, nothings happens anymore.

I just can kill the installation process.

Trying to update the vse via sdat.exe returns error: no source file fouund.

The scanner is deactivated.

What can I do ?

Thanks Gero

• 1. Re: Can't install VSE880LMLRP1 on Win 7 32 Sp1
          Peter M

Moved from Home Products > VirusScan to Business > VirusScan Enterprise for better attention.

• 2. Re: Can't install VSE880LMLRP1 on Win 7 32 Sp1
            Tristan

Are you just double-clicking the installer or right-click run as administrator?

• 3. Re: Can't install VSE880LMLRP1 on Win 7 32 Sp1

Hi,

I've just clicked on the installer, because I've admin rights for the machine.

Weeks ago vse8.7 was running successfully on the client.

Then the client got problems, scanner was deactivated and we wanted to install the newest 8.8 vse.

But we still face problems.

What can I do ?

• 4. Re: Can't install VSE880LMLRP1 on Win 7 32 Sp1
                Tristan

I thought with UAC in Windows 7 even though your in the local administrator group you still don't have administrative rights on the desktop.

------- http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709691(WS.10).aspx

UAC

Unlike earlier versions of Windows, when an administrator logs on to a computer running Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2008, the user’s full administrator access token is split into two access tokens: a full administrator access token and a standard user access token. During the logon process, authorization and access control components that identify an administrator are removed, resulting in a standard user access token. The standard user access token is then used to start the desktop, the Explorer.exe process. Because all applications inherit their access control data from the initial launch of the desktop, they all run as a standard user.

---------------

TRy disabling UAC or right-click run as administrator

• 5. Re: Can't install VSE880LMLRP1 on Win 7 32 Sp1
                  Peter M

That's correct.

Tristan wrote:

I thought with UAC in Windows 7 even though your in the local administrator group you still don't have administrative rights on the desktop.

------- http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709691(WS.10).aspx

UAC

Unlike earlier versions of Windows, when an administrator logs on to a computer running Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2008, the user’s full administrator access token is split into two access tokens: a full administrator access token and a standard user access token. During the logon process, authorization and access control components that identify an administrator are removed, resulting in a standard user access token. The standard user access token is then used to start the desktop, the Explorer.exe process. Because all applications inherit their access control data from the initial launch of the desktop, they all run as a standard user.

---------------

TRy disabling UAC or right-click run as administrator