7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2012 1:13 PM by samd

Can't deploy agent 4.6.0.2292..

samd

This version shows up and I have updated it. It shows as the available and the "Available version" and the "checked in version" for "Install - Windows Patch 1" in the Current Branch. However for "Install Windows" I have 4.6.0.1694 for the "Available version" and the "Checked in version" I have 4.6.0.2292 in the Current Branch. I can only Remove or Download. I can't do anything else with it. I'm guessing this is the reason that if I do a product deployment that the highest agent version I can select is 4.6.0.1694 and my agents haven't automatically updated by themselves.

I think at some point the Current Branch for "Install Windows" was missing and I had to go back and create the Branch for it again. Should I do this to solve it and someone get 4.6.0.2292 as the current?

• 1. Re: Can't deploy agent 4.6.0.2292..
          metalhead

You must set the new agent version in your McAfee Agent product deployment clienttask  (ePO Web GUI -> System Tree -> Clienttasks).

Regards Tom

Nachricht geändert durch metalhead on 23.01.12 13:59:19 MEZ
          • 2. Re: Can't deploy agent 4.6.0.2292..
            tao

Had a similar issue before where I had to make sure that the agent policy ( within policy look under updates) needed the correct repository branch for the update to succeed.   With that said, I was able to get 4.6.0.2292 as current BUT I manually added the agent under  Master Repository "check in package" along with manually checking in the extension(s) found under Software.

• 3. Re: Can't deploy agent 4.6.0.2292..
              samd

Tom,

The version isn't available for selection in my client tasks. I only have up to 1694. The Windows Embedded Credentials one I can get 2292 but I don't want that package.

Tao,

In my Master Repository 2292 is already the current package for "Mcafee Agent for Windows" and the extension is for 2292. I tried to install them and it told me they were already there.

My problem is that 2292 is not available in the "Products and Components" drop down when I try to create a client task.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it but my ePO key updater is 1694

Message was edited by: samd on 1/23/12 11:39:17 AM EST
              • 4. Re: Can't deploy agent 4.6.0.2292..
                tao

For what it's worth here are the versions for "Extensions" and "Master Repository":

Under Extensions:

Name: McAfee Agent

Version: 4.6.0.336

Master Repository:

Name: ePO Agent Key Updater Version: 4.6.0.1694

Name: McAfee Agent for Windows Version: 4.6.0.2292

What version of ePO are you running?

• 5. Re: Can't deploy agent 4.6.0.2292..
                  samd

EPO 4.6.1

All those extenstions and the master repository versions are the same as mine.

When I go to create a client task to deploy the agent the only thing I can deploy is 1694 and it's from branch Previous. This confirms that I don't have 1694 in my current branch. But it's like EPO doesn't even see 2292 to make it available as a deployment from the current branch.

• 6. Re: Can't deploy agent 4.6.0.2292..
                    tao

Just for giggles I will ask this but I probably know the answer already: have you removed all the agent(s) from the extensions & software repository? If so, I would add the old agent then confirm that it's able to be viewed/deployed.  Then remove the old extensions/software from the repository  and check 2292 back in...

• 7. Re: Can't deploy agent 4.6.0.2292..
                      samd

I opened a SR with Mcafee and they removed the agent from the repository and I believe the extension as well and checked them back in and now 2292 is available. They did a ppolicy export beforehand and then a policy import afterward. Unfortunately all my Mcafee Agent tasks are gone and have to be recreated (from my memory) and I had to reassign any custom agent policies back. The tasks parts suck as I don't know what was in there.

Anyone know the default entries in McAgent Agent tasks? Were there any?

Message was edited by: samd on 1/23/12 2:13:38 PM EST