3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2012 12:01 PM by tonyw

Encryption In-Active

jickfoo

I have two workstations that will not kick off the encryption process. It's making me kind of batty.

Users are assigned to the machines and EEPC is installed. Policies are set against them instructing them to encrypt. The Agent logs show nothing of real interest.

Any tips ? How do I get at the debug logs ?

Thanks,

Justin

• 1. Re: Encryption In-Active
          tonyw

Review the mfeepe.log in the C:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Encryption Agent\ folder and see if you have any errors listed there or just attach it here for review.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Encryption In-Active
            jickfoo

hmm.. could this be it ? Thanks.

2012-01-19 17:50:24,014 WARNING MfeEpeCoreEncryptionPlugin INCOMPATIBLE PRODUCT(S) DETECTED! The following incompatible product(s) were found: HP ProtectTools FVE

2012-01-19 17:50:24,014 ERROR EpoPlugin userHandler: failed to process batched user data response: [0xEE010003] INCOMPATIBLE PRODUCT(S) DETECTED! The following incompatible product(s) were found: HP ProtectTools FVE

2012-01-19 17:50:24,014 ERROR MfeEpeStatusService Activation has failed: Incompatible products found

• 3. Re: Encryption In-Active
              tonyw

That's it.  Uninstall the HP Protect tools and reboot the machine.  The machne should go active shortly after if that's all that's holding it up.