3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2012 7:48 AM by ian2909

Linux installer for VSE

When running the installer i get the following error, i have followed the pre reqs regarding nails user etc.

sh McAfeeVSEForLinux-1.7.0-installer

installer: cannot access /opt/NAI/LinuxShield as user nails

• 1. Re: Linux installer for VSE
          Regis

This smells like a permissions issue.   You may wish to work with support interactively if you can't figure it out with the documentation and determining what directory permissions aren't lining up.

If you can't cd and read all the files in /opt/NAI/LinuxShield  while logged in as the user nails,  that'd probably be the first place look at addressing.   The chmod command is likely going to be involved in the solution to this.   I suspect the user is going to need to be able to read and execute things in that directory.

Might also want to rule out disk space issues. 

It'd be a prolonged back and forth in a forum medium trying to chase this down, so support engagement for some screen sharing is probably the quickest route to a fix for you.  If Linux isn't your forte on the command line, it's possible an experienced *nix administrator can figure it out even w/o mcafee experience, if you have one available locally.

Good luck.

• 2. Re: Linux installer for VSE

I thought it was permissions also, untill I realized it was just space.

I answered the same question here https://community.mcafee.com/message/223785

Good Luck.

• 3. Re: Linux installer for VSE

the linux vm was not configured correctly redployed and all worked fine