Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
1984 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2012 9:05 PM by Hayton RSS
lycious Newcomer 7 posts since
Jan 7, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 17, 2012 6:25 AM

How long does it take to verify a site?

I uploaded my site for verification recently (www.borkutok.com)  and I was wondering how long it will take? I already sent it a request for verification.  If you have any ideas, please share with me. Thanks

• JaiPrakash Champion 457 posts since
    Nov 5, 2009
    2. Feb 2, 2012 9:21 AM (in response to lycious)
    Re: How long does it take to verify a site?

I have requested for an update on your site verification from our site advisor team . Shall get back to you soon .

Thanks,

Thanks,
    Jai Prakash
  • JaiPrakash Champion 457 posts since
    Nov 5, 2009
    3. Feb 2, 2012 9:23 AM (in response to lycious)

In the meantime , while you submitted those site for testing, you would have got an automated email with submission id . Can you please let us know the submission ID number for tracking purpose

Thanks,
    Jai Prakash
  • Hayton Volunteer Moderator 4,588 posts since
    Sep 27, 2010
    5. Feb 10, 2012 11:41 AM (in response to lycious)

Moved this to SiteAdvisor. The first-mentioned site is still going through the testing process, which can take several weeks to complete.

I (c)an't direct traffic to my site or add content without it being tested

Strictly speaking, if you change the site in any significant way after it's been tested, then the tests are meaningless and the site should be re-submitted for testing. If there is a problem later TrustedSource will probably detect it and pass a warning to SiteAdvisor, which will then flag the site and say that TrustedSource has found a problem; but you may get a situation where SiteAdvisor and Trustedsource rate the site differently.

Volunteer Moderator  Leeds, UK
    No PM's please
  • Hayton Volunteer Moderator 4,588 posts since
    Sep 27, 2010
    7. Feb 11, 2012 9:05 PM (in response to lycious)

Any visitors to your site who have SiteAdvisor will see a Green icon displayed, even though the main SiteAdvisor analysis page still shows a grey 'undefined' questionmark symbol. This has been verified in Chrome and IE.  Your site has passed the preliminary tests and final rating will be made once those tests which take longer to complete have all been done.

Your site still shows the 'unrated' symbol in Google and Yahoo searches because these get their information from SiteAdvisor's rating.

I know that Norton SafeWeb has given your site a Green rating; other website checkers also report no problems with it.

What I said earlier still applies : SiteAdvisor's rating is the result of a snapshot, a series of tests run on a website at a particular date. Your site is still under development, so when all the content has been added in it would be prudent to re-submit the site for testing. I doubt whether its Green rating would be affected during the re-test.

Volunteer Moderator  Leeds, UK
    No PM's please

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points