1 2 Previous Next 11 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2012 6:59 AM by dikkuh

Language setting problem after EPO agent 4.6.0.2292 update

EPO-Janni

Hello,

we have the following language setting problem after EPO agent update from version 4.6.0.1694 to version 4.6.0.2292 on EPO environment 4.6.1. All installed EPO agents with version 4.6.0.1694 on all Windows XP machines currently shows English language dialog. The appropriate EPO policy “McAfee Agent – Troubleshooting” is set to “English”. All works fine with this former EPO agent version 4.6.0.1694.

Now we updated the EPO agent extension and the EPO agent installer package to version 4.6.0.2292. The configured EPO agent installer task for version 4.6.0.2292 works fine and the new agent version was installed (updated) on some XP machines. But now the EPO agent language is set to local (German) language after the new EPO agent version was installed. I checked the EPO policy “McAfee Agent – Troubleshooting” again. The policy is set to English and is applied to the appropriate machines. But the EPO agent on this updated machines shows German language in agent log and in agent menu. A reboot or “wake up” didn’t solve this problem! The new EPO agent version on the appropriate machines is 4.6.0.2292.

What can I do or check to solve this problem? I need to set the EPO agent language to English for all EPO managed machines.

Thanks for help.

Best regards from Germany

Janni

1 2 Previous Next