1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2012 12:54 AM by michael-s-w

WebReporter and Report-sending to several mail-recipients

michael-s-w

Hello at all.

WebReporters documentation (7.x) writes, that I can send reports directly to more than one recipient. Therefore the recipients must be separeted with a comma.

I tried this and failed.

There is no problem if you send a finished report to only one mail-recipient, but if you put in a second, even the first will get nothing. I tried this not only with comma, even semicolon like in Outlook does not work.

Did anyone ha s a solution?

Greetings from Michael

• 1. Re: WebReporter and Report-sending to several mail-recipients
          sroering

1)  What version of Web Reporter are you using? (I need the build number)

2) Are you putting a space after the comma?  Not that it should matter, but worth trying both ways.

3) Have you checked the server.log for error messages?

4) When adding a second e-mail address, does anyone in the list receive the report?

Perhaps there is a specific problem, but as far as I know, there have no bugs filed for the problem you are indicating.

• 2. Re: WebReporter and Report-sending to several mail-recipients
            michael-s-w

Hi,

first I will thank you for the fast answer, here are my answers for your questions:

1) Version 5.2.0.03, Build 1140

2) No, but I already tried both ways

3)

2012-01-16 10:27:36,569 ERROR [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.facade.impl.reporter.DrilldownReportEngineI mpl] Failed to e-mail report files

2012-01-16 10:27:36,569 ERROR [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.project.services.runReport.RunReportTask] Failed to deliver report files

4) After adding a second mail-address, no one gets the report, even not that mail-address which gets the report, when it stands alone in the field

Hope, you got an idea.

greetings from Michael

Nachricht geändert durch michael-s-w on 16.01.12 08:29:34 CST
            • 3. Re: WebReporter and Report-sending to several mail-recipients
              sroering

I will setup an Exchange server and test your specific version, then let you know what I find.

• 4. Re: WebReporter and Report-sending to several mail-recipients
                asabban

Hi Michael,

Where did you specify the recipient addresses?

I think you can add them as part of the SMTP server configuration or alternatively in the report schedule. I have tried to add two recipients in the report schedule as part of the delivery options. This works pretty fine.

Best,

Andre

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: WebReporter and Report-sending to several mail-recipients
                  michael-s-w

Hi Andre,

I tried both without success. But I think I made a step in the explanation of this problem.

If I choose recipients of the same domain, in which webreporter has its own sender-address, then it works fine. A mail FROM Absender@stadt.wieauchimmer.de  TO  Empfänger@stadt.wieauchimmer.de is no problem, but in the case I want to send a mail to a subdomain it doesn't work. But that is exactly what I had to do.

During writing this I got an idea - that will possible be the case why it doesn't work.

First I phoned to division Firewall, after that I went to the Exchange-Division - and there I found -perhaps- the reason: There was entered a User with the right name, but there was no exchange-mail-address layed-down. The special colleague did it now, but for testing the full functionality I had to wait until tomorrow, because over night the server had to synchronice.

So I will tell you tomorrow about success or failure.

Greetings

Michael

Nachricht geändert durch michael-s-w on 17.01.12 07:13:14 CST
                  • 6. Re: WebReporter and Report-sending to several mail-recipients
                    sroering

OK. That would make a lot of sense.  I guess I would expect our server.log to give a little more information regarding the nature of the error, such as an error code, but what you are describing sounds like it could be the problem.

Let us know if it resolves the issue.

• 7. Re: WebReporter and Report-sending to several mail-recipients
                      michael-s-w

Hi Andre, Hi sroering,

with your comments you helped me thinking and analysing the problem - Thank you very much.

After actualisation of the servers I tried it this morning again - and failed. So I thought that WebReporter perhaps needs a restart, by the way a good chance to upgrade on Version 5.2.0.04 Build 1151.

Done - and failed again!!!!!!!!!

And then -hope you are sitting- I tried an other Exchange-Server (we have 5) ----------- and succeed  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohoh, sometimes the solution is so near - again thank you for your support.

Many greetings

Michael

• 8. Re: WebReporter and Report-sending to several mail-recipients
                        asabban

Hi Michael,

did I understand correctly that you can send the eMail to multiple recipients on one Exchange server, while another one (same config most likely) fails?

Maybe it is possible to run a packet capture and see whats going on on port 25 when Web Reporter tries to send out the eMail :-)

Best,

Andre

• 9. Re: WebReporter and Report-sending to several mail-recipients
                          DBO

Could the failing Exchange SMTP inbound connector have restriction on sender?

PS: Why not simply send the report to a mailing list that can then be edited outside of Reporter and let Exchange do the work?

1 2 Previous Next