3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2012 2:50 PM by Dinz

helppppp

i've had my McAfee software on my laptop for a few years now and have had no problems, until now! The laptop came with it already installed by DELL ive done updates and kept up to date with everything!!

today i logged onto my laptop after a few weeks of not being on it and its saying to activate my McAfee i click on the activate button and nothing works.. why is this? i need to have protection my laptop!!! please help me thanksyou

• 1. Re: helppppp

I am having the same problem. I looked and there was an update yesterday and now the system just says activate (buttons don't work). I would be interested in the answer to this as well!

• 2. Re: helppppp
            Peter M

In this case it's best to go straight to Technical Support which is free by phone or online chat - see the link under Useful Links at the top of this page.

One thing to check - your system clock for accuracy both time and time zone-wise.

The only other thing I can think of right now would be if you have been using registry cleaners and optimizers, this is exactly the sort of thing they cause so if you have and the software has a restore button, thry that.

If not then Tech. Support can help.

• 3. Re: helppppp
              Dinz

Hi jojoxo,

If your computer came with a pre-installed operating system, you might be unable to complete the McAfee registration process, and you might see a message that you are not registered. When you attempt to register the products manually, nothing seems to happen.
              Please try the below steps and then try activation ;

Windows XP:

1. Double-click My Computer.
              2. Double-click the C: drive.
              3. Right-click the Sysprep folder, and select Rename.
              4. Rename the Sysprep folder to OLDsysprep.
              5. Close Windows Explorer.
              6. Right-click the M icon in your taskbar and select either Activate, Activate Now, Register or Register Now.
              7. Follow the instructions.

Windows Vista / 7: 

1. Click the Windows Button and type cmd.exe into the search bar.
              2. Right-click cmd.exe in the search list, and select Run as Administrator.
              3. Type the following text, then press ENTER:

c:\program files\mcafee\msc\mcoemmgr.exe /regserver
              4. Right-click the M icon in your taskbar and select either Activate, Activate Now, Register, or Register Now.
              5. Follow the instructions.

Thanks,