7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2012 1:21 PM by Peter M

Better soloution than 3 licenses?

Hi,

I protect 2 PCs and a laptop with McAfee Security Center. There are different expiration dates. Now I wanted to have a look, if I could take a license for 3 PCs, but can't find that option anymore. I go to mcafee.com and then "private..." I can cklick wherever I want, I only get the "Buy McAfee Security Center" page. Or the support page, if I chosse support. All the other links leads me to the buy site. What's that mess on the McAfee Homepage?

Does the 3-pc version still exists?

• 1. Re: Better soloution than 3 licenses?
          Peter M

Our records show you live in France and when I go to that page I see purchase options from 1 to 5 computers but not more than 1 user.

You may want to telephone Customer Service and they can explain it: 

Pour parler à un représentant du service client, appelez le 01 70200008. Il vous sera peut-être demandé votre adresse électronique enregistrée et votre numéro de commande. Des frais téléphoniques peuvent être facturés.
          Délai d’attente estimé : 10-30 minutes
          Heures d’ouverture : 09.00-18.00 local, Lundi à vendredi

Capture.JPG

(Click to enlarge)

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 13/01/12 11:05:07 EST AM
          • 2. Re: Better soloution than 3 licenses?

Sorry, but my language is German and I can not solve such problemes in French. When I open McAfee Security Center an click on "extend subscription" (or something similar), I get a German page of McAfee, because I purchased in Germany (because of the language). I cannot show you the URL, because there are personal informations in it. mcafee-1.JPG

No link to the welcom page. No possibility to choose anything else than years. Apart from that, on the top in the middle it says "no protection". My subscription is valid another 125 days...

So how can I extend my subscription (it runs out on my laptop) for my laptop and my PC together?

And how can I see the whole McAfee page? I type in mcafee.com and get this page:

mcafee-2.jpg

The 1., 2., 4. and 6. links shows me this page:

mcafee-3.jpg

That's very strange!

• 3. Re: Better soloution than 3 licenses?
              Peter M

I understand, sorry about that.  Well as your protection is supplied by Dell that is why you see that.  As your subscriptions are individual ones you will only be able to renew them singly.   Check with Dell about that but if you want new licenses for multiple computers you would have to buy them directly from McAfee then uninstall all the ones you have now, run the MCPR cleanup tool listed under Useful Links at the top of this page, then install from that new account.

Best speak to German Customer Service in this case for clarification:  http://service.mcafee.com/CustomerService.aspx?lc=1031&sg=CS&pt=1

We have no access to accounts from these forums.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 13/01/12 12:13:00 EST PM
              1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Better soloution than 3 licenses?

Oups! Thank you very much for your competent and fast answers. I really appreciate that.

Nevertheless, it's not normal, that I can't access the normal McAfee website from my PC. My laptop access the McAfee website without any problem.

• 5. Re: Better soloution than 3 licenses?
                  Peter M

Maybe it's because of Dell cookies...clear the browser cache and see if it works then.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Better soloution than 3 licenses?

After deleting the cache and the cookies and restarting the browser (firefox) the website works.

Thank you so much!

• 7. Re: Better soloution than 3 licenses?
                      Peter M

That's great.   Good luck ;-)