Also, is sae.gti.mcafee.com an http (URL) connection? It has been added to Forefront's "Web Access Policy" to allow but it doesn't work. I have a feeling we're not adding it correctly. Can anyone help?
Please Try this workaround step and revert is t working or not
1. Copy all the listed ip address from KB73562 .
2. Go the SAE 3.5 General policy under Assing Policy tab from System Tree Edit and Select 3rd option for configure proxy settings.
3. Enter your proxy server details and port there.
4, Below that you have paste all copied ip address in step 1.
5. If you proxy reqruied authentication the enter the same details.
6. Save settings and give wake up call to all systems.
Also same issue is resolved in Patch1 as mcafee team but Its not yet RTW. you have to wait for that.
If you have any query please contact us!
Yes, it looks like the original RTW version of SAE 3.5 had issues with not being proxy aware. Call support and ask for 188.8.131.524 (RTS version of SAE) and see if that fixes it. In the SAE 3.5 policy, I made these changes (with help from Platinum support) and all was well:
My problem was I had to many things selected in that 2nd pic (along with a busted SAE 3.5). I only used the DNS landmark (removed the check box for 'web gateway enforcement is detected' and removed the IP's for our McAfee Gateway devices) and all was well.
Just had this issue today. I did not have to do any of the items listed in KB73562, just downloaded and deployed the hotfix. Once I got thae hotfix to deploy correctly SAE started working with my proxy.