4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2012 11:33 AM by beachya

SAE 3.5 Always Orange - Uninstall or Another Suggestion?

Hi,

I've read the posts regarding SAE 3.5 not working with proxy and I've read and we've tried the bypass workaround in KB73562. Our network administrator says he's added the addresses to the whitelist but the problem is still there. We're using Microsoft Forefront TMG 2010.

Does does any service need to be restarted?

Should I just revert back to 3.0? If so, does 3.5 need to be removed first?

Anything else I could try?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: SAE 3.5 Always Orange - Uninstall or Another Suggestion?

Also, is  sae.gti.mcafee.com an http (URL) connection? It has been added to Forefront's "Web Access Policy" to allow but it doesn't work. I have a feeling we're not adding it correctly. Can anyone help?

• 2. Re: SAE 3.5 Always Orange - Uninstall or Another Suggestion?
            bshirish

Hello Jasperjay,

Please Try this workaround step and revert is t working or not

1.  Copy all the listed ip address from KB73562 .

2.   Go the SAE 3.5  General policy under Assing Policy tab from System Tree Edit and Select 3rd option for configure proxy settings.

3.   Enter your proxy server details and port there.

4,   Below that you have paste all copied ip address  in step 1.

5.   If you proxy reqruied authentication the enter the same details.

6.    Save settings and give wake up call to all systems.

Also same issue is resolved in Patch1 as mcafee team but Its not yet RTW. you have to wait for that.

If you have any query please contact us!

• 3. Re: SAE 3.5 Always Orange - Uninstall or Another Suggestion?

Yes, it looks like the original RTW version of SAE 3.5 had issues with not being proxy aware. Call support and ask for 3.5.0.724 (RTS version of SAE) and see if that fixes it. In the SAE 3.5 policy, I made these changes (with help from Platinum support) and all was well:

sae proxy.png

interlock.png

My problem was I had to many things selected in that 2nd pic (along with a busted SAE 3.5). I only used the DNS landmark (removed the check box for 'web gateway enforcement is detected' and removed the IP's for our McAfee Gateway devices) and all was well.

• 4. Re: SAE 3.5 Always Orange - Uninstall or Another Suggestion?

Just had this issue today.  I did not have to do any of the items listed in KB73562, just downloaded and deployed the hotfix.  Once I got thae hotfix to deploy correctly SAE started working with my proxy.