4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2009 3:32 PM by gackafee

vstskmgr.exe and mctray access protection problems

It appears that even though mctray.exe and vstskmgr.exe are on the exclusion list McAfee still reports these as being "blocked". I'm not sure what seems to be the issue. If they are allowed, why are they showing up as an alert in the system tray?

Every time a user logs in, the McAfee Shield appears with the red border around it. When I check the log, this is what I'm receiving:

1. 1/12/2009 9:51:49 AM Blocked by Access Protection rule NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\vstskmgr.exe C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\SiteList.xml Common Standard Protection:Prevent modification of McAfee Common Management Agent files and settings Action blocked : Delete

2. 1/12/2009 10:09:48 AM Blocked by Access Protection rule C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\McAfee\McTray Common Standard Protection:Prevent modification of McAfee Common Management Agent files and settings Action blocked : Create

Very frustrating. I haven't created any user defined rules. All filters are set to their default settings based on McAfee's installation. Is there something I'm missing? We are in the process of deploying McAfee 8.5i w/ Patch 6 and this particular issue (although seems minor) may cause a lot of support calls for us.

Has anyone encountered this? Any suggestions as to how I can resolve this issue?

Many thanks.