5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2012 12:14 PM by thecreator

Internet Security (v11.0.623), Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64 bit - blue screen (BSOD)

Hi,

I'd be extremely grateful if someone could assist with the below please.

I started my laptop (no more than 4 months old) and it said that it was installing windows (automatically as part of the startup).  Once done, I noticed that my internet securtiy was not there - missing icon and then error messages. No idea why - no restores or any changes (other than automatic windows updates).

I went through the McAfee process of re-installing and updates are current.

Every couple of days I am now getting a blue screen.  Most recent output:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:                        BlueScreen

OS Version:                                          6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID:                                             2057

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode:                                               24

BCP1:                                                    00000000001904FB

BCP2:                                                    FFFFF880035936E8

BCP3:                                                    FFFFF88003592F40

BCP4:                                                    FFFFF8000326B882

OS Version:                                          6_1_7601

Service Pack:                                       1_0

Product:                                               768_1

I have done a disk check (check disk) and saw no problems.  The hard drive is not even 1/4 used.

I did a full scan and nothing was found.

I am sure all the drivers are all up to date.

Nothing significant changed (i.e. nothing installed other than any automatic Windows updates) on my Toshiba laptop between a previous shutdown (done correctly) and the next startup.

I have seen comments that McAfee has been causing blue screens.  If I could open the blue screen dump file I would!

Any ideas please?

Thanks very much,